Where my fat geeks at??

Options
WyldRoots
WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
Looking for like-minded friends (aka, people with a serious case of the awesomes) B)
I'm just starting out here, and want ~more~ cool folks in my new feed!
My plan so far, is to make the majority of my food intake a green and colourful blend of plant material. Next to that, I will incorporate beans/lentils/quinoa/wild rice, and meats (because sorry, I eat all creatures). My exercise program will start off with the weakest of wii workouts, because even that is a big jump from where I have been athletically (shut up).
I need to get unfat. Let's get unfat together! <3

Replies

• ljo239
    ljo239 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Proud to be a geek... Hopefully will be a skinny geek again too. Good luck with everything.
  • WyldRoots
    Options
    geeks_unite_stickers-r85f65d3d8cf845f58deba07249100ce0_v9wf3_8byvr_324.jpg
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Used to be a fat geek. Not so much anymore.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    My fat is gone but my geek is eternal.
  • Radiant8888
    Radiant8888 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello WyldOne. I'm pretty sure I qualify as a geek :smiley: You're plan sounds good. I'm focusing on the Low Carb/Moderate Protein/High Fat approach. I have to avoid that sugar - it wacks me completely out of balance.
  • WyldRoots
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

You are my inspiration! ^_^
  • kami3006
    Options
    WyldRoots wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »

You are my inspiration! ^_^

:D
  • rebeccanow2016
    rebeccanow2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a geek at heart! Hopefully and stronger and fitter geek soon :) Trying to lay off the "comfort" foods this year! Actually that means I will have to eat totally different...but I am up for the challenge !
  • WyldRoots
    Options
    Yes I am a geek at heart! Hopefully and stronger and fitter geek soon :) Trying to lay off the "comfort" foods this year! Actually that means I will have to eat totally different...but I am up for the challenge !

Lol - same!
  • WyldRoots
    Options
    Yeah it will be a big change, for sure.... but I'm hoping once I stick with it a while, it will just become my normal. I used to be fit, but obsessively so, and eventually I just did a 180. I don't plan on being like that again, just healthy and happy.
  • Radiant8888
    Radiant8888 Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes I am a geek at heart! Hopefully and stronger and fitter geek soon :)....

Fit Geeks will inherit the Earth!
  • WyldRoots
    Options
    pinky_and_the_brain_by_predator_fan.jpg
  • RTGho
    RTGho Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me to the geek roster .....................woot!
  • kami3006
    Options
    Happy New Year fellow geeky ones. I hope everyone has a fun and safe evening. I will be home geeking it up with my husband playing Star Wars online. :)
  • Roor208
    Roor208 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Geeks Unite! ;) I am restarting this January with a new job (lots of driving where I will spend hours in the car) and a goal of 80lbs overall. So I am with you!
  • Leesani16
    Leesani16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Wyld! I'm with you -- I need to get unfat, too. I just joined tonight and was about to introduce myself when I saw this thread. Happy to be a part of this geeky crew! I'm starting new this year, too. I gained way too much weight the last several years, and just haven't put any effort into myself -- period. This year is MY year. And I need the help and support of others to make it happen. I've put all my energy into raising my 8-year-old with behavior disorders and ignored myself too long. I need to be healthier for her, and for me. I turned to comfort food to cope -- I'm more "carbotarian" than vegetarian. Ugh. Can't wait to start the journey! Goal: 45lbs. Good luck to everyone!
  • bookwormvapette
    bookwormvapette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely a geek. Feel free to add me
  • One_Punch_Man
    One_Punch_Man Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined! Feel free to add me...my geek level...over 9000 of course.
  • MikiFloofyPanda
    MikiFloofyPanda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Another Geek here! >w< Feel free to add me!
    I use Wii Fit U and DDR to work out and just joined a gym so... ;)...Wii Fit does totally count.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    More of a fat nerd than a fat geek, but I'll answer to either label.