What stupid things did you do this year?

Options

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    I don't think food or exercise decisions would even crack the top 50 of my stupid things list.

^^^^^ SO THIS!!!

• ongoingwhy
    ongoingwhy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I bought stuff that I didn't need. :#
  • JeanaRadke
    JeanaRadke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed mommyhood at the expense of gaining 50 lbs.... this year thats all going to have to find a balance
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Ate a whole cherry cheesecake by myself.

Let work get to me so much that I developed ulcers. Still trying to heal them AND learn how to manage stress.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had a chocolate craving so I made some chocolate icing and raw microwave brownie mix. It didn't taste amazing, but I ate it all anyway. I consider that a mistake.

I'm kind of having a free for all until lunch of New Years day. I'm planning on getting frozen yoghurt with as many toppings as I can stomach, then having a champagne breakfast on New Years day with Bacon and Hashbrowns. Then I'm going to return to counting calories and stuff.
  • beautifulsparkles
    Options
    In 2015 I:

-Didn't really go to the gym, unless I was meeting someone there
    -Made things as hard and miserable for myself as possible
    -Tried to force myself to do more cardio than I wanted to do and that was sustainable
    -skipped breakfast most days
    -started cutting protein out of my meals without realising and ended up being hungry a lot of the time
    -was hungry a lot
    -didn't add enough fruit and veges to my diet
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Once I entered "maintenance" I got a little sloppy. Gained a bit of weight back......only 10 pounds but it's weight I really didn't want to re-lose.

Stopped going to the gym due to a shoulder issue I caused myself. I could have worked around it and used other methods but it became an excuse not to go.

Sat on my *kitten* too much watching tv.
  • hetzlerkaelyn949
    hetzlerkaelyn949 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Trusted my ex one last time... Never again! Lol
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add........

Didn't save enough money

Drank too much.

I sucked in 2015. :s
  • misitaly1025
    misitaly1025 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Newarski22 wrote: »
    Till July thought I was lifting heavy weights and thought cardio was everything to reduce my weight! I learned so much.

What did you learn? Please share! You thought you were lifting heavy weights, but then realized you weren't. What do you mean?

• Summersoul130
    Summersoul130 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Obsessed over a guy.. lol
  • Summersoul130
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Spent $2k+ on a CPAP machine for my sleep apnea earlier in the year. I haven't used it more than 3 times. It just sits nicely on my night table.

Sorry but this made me chuckle. Shouldn't you be using it? or nah?
  • misitaly1025
    Options
    Either use it or sell it!
  • Summersoul130
    Options
    Spent $2k+ on a CPAP machine for my sleep apnea earlier in the year. I haven't used it more than 3 times. It just sits nicely on my night table.

It just plain sucks! It's like the worst thing ever, I swear it's just a cruel joke. Have a hard time sleeping? Here, put this mask on your face that stuffs oxygen and air up your nose.. it'll guarantee you don't sleep! :|

But yes, I should be using it.. it's just brutal to try and sleep with. :D

Can't you like die from that condition though? You should definitely use it. Try taking valerian root complex drops to help you sleep :P I used to have asthma when i was younger. My mom would put that mask on me with the medicine in it. It would only take 20 minutes, but I would fall asleep with it on all the time. You just get used to it.
  • beautifulsparkles
    edited January 2016
    Options

It just plain sucks! It's like the worst thing ever, I swear it's just a cruel joke. Have a hard time sleeping? Here, put this mask on your face that stuffs oxygen and air up your nose.. it'll guarantee you don't sleep! :|

Can't you like die from that condition though? You should definitely use it. Try taking valerian root complex drops to help you sleep :P I used to have asthma when i was younger. My mom would put that mask on me with the medicine in it. It would only take 20 minutes, but I would fall asleep with it on all the time. You just get used to it.

I have used Valerian Root to sleep, it's too mild for me. You're right though, I know that I WILL get used to it but so far from using it I can see it'll take a solid 3-5+ weeks of very tired days and not sleeping. I just don't have it in me but it is on one of my 3 new years resolutions.

Yeah, people can die from it if it's severe but I wasn't diagnosed with enough severity. I wake up avg 12-17 times per hour if sleeping on my back but only 3-5 on my sides.

You should definately use it. My dad has one. I think its just something you need to get used to.

I'm kinda surprised you need one though, you look so buff in your profile picture!

Another thing that might get you to sleep- I was on quatiapine for a while for my Bipolar. My sister was on it for depression and my mum was on it to help her get to sleep. It didn't have the effect to get me to sleep because it was treating my Bipolar, but it knocked my mum and sister out pretty quickly, and they had heavy sleep from it, not really waking at night. I feel like I got good quality sleep on it as well, because before I went on it, I was sleeping about 18 hours a day, and when I was on it, I was getting up at 6am all day, then not feeling tired again into bedtime. Definately something to look into!
  • Summersoul130
    Options

I have used Valerian Root to sleep, it's too mild for me. You're right though, I know that I WILL get used to it but so far from using it I can see it'll take a solid 3-5+ weeks of very tired days and not sleeping. I just don't have it in me but it is on one of my 3 new years resolutions.

Yeah, people can die from it if it's severe but I wasn't diagnosed with enough severity. I wake up avg 12-17 times per hour if sleeping on my back but only 3-5 on my sides.

There's a complex that has other stuff as well as the valerian root. It's hella strong, it knocks me right out. It's in liquid form as well, which absorbs much better. It might be worth the sleepless nights at first, because it's not healthy to wake up so much while sleeping. Either way goodluck (:
  • misitaly1025
    Options
    Either use it or sell it!

I'm feeling really scolded right now ! :(

Sorry. Not trying to be mean. I just see it as wasting money. If you need it because of your health then use it like your supposed to. I know it sucks, but hopefully you can get used to it. Best of luck!
  • chamzlila
    chamzlila Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I wont mention his name...but he is the stupidest thing i did last year (2015)
  • beautifulsparkles
    Options
    I'm kinda surprised you need one though, you look so buff in your profile picture!

Well, sleep apnea isn't always directly related to being overweight, it can be caused by a lot of stuffs.

I am prescribed a sleep narcotic but I don't take it because I just feel like it's terrible for me plus it makes me tired next day. I just need to really suck it up and try and use the CPAP.

Thats why my dad got it (I think). I nearly got it as well, but luckily, I lost weight.