Snacks you can eat that don't make you feel guilty?

Options
13»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Costco's rice rollers. Two are 90 calories.
  • WeaselbeanzMum
    WeaselbeanzMum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Recommendation from a paleo foodie - homemade dar chocolate:

50g of cocoa butter (then liquify - yes, you are meant to use a double boiler but I microwave, stirring sporadically until melted)
    30g of cacao powder, mix it into the butter
    Add maple syrup or honey and stir until it is sweet enough (approx 35 to 45g)
    Tip out into a nice silicon mold tray if you have one.. I just use foil :blush:
    Stick in the fridge for 30 mins.
    Ready!

Voila! Homemade choc ready in less 45 mins, all in. Approx 40 cal per square (unless you go really nuts on the sweeter!). HUGE antioxidant benefits too!!! :smiley:
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love freeze dried strawberries. Obviously fresh fruit is probably better, but they're tarte and very crispy and a little sweet, and a totally different experience. I prefer the individual packs intended for kids lunches or something (sometimes they have princesses on them. You may get teased) because they get gross when absorb moisture from the air, so you get a fresh, crispy individual serving by going for the snack packs. The big bags are a total waste. There's nothing very nutritious about them, but they're very low in calories - the ones I buy are 30 calories a bag.

I have also tried freeze dried apples and mandarin oranges, but did not like them at all. I don't like bananas, but I know they're also a popular freeze dried fruit.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I rarely snack as long as I make sure my meals are the correct size and contain enough fat and protein. When I do snack, I pretty much eat what I want as long as it fits in my calories.
  • deaconexpired
    deaconexpired Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any kind of fruit or vegetable i will eat. If i get the muchies which i often do i tell myself if im not willing to eat a fruit or vegetable then im not really hungry and its just cravings.

Good advice
  • deaconexpired
    deaconexpired Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks again guys, that's a great list
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Smart pop kettle corn
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2016