Has Anyone Tried Herbalife Before?

Options
2»

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I love Herbalife.
    If you're on the go, it's great. I lost ten pounds in two months having two shakes a day. And they're yummu. Tea burns calories when you drink it. I still have a shake now and then for dinner cause I don't need extra fuel after work since I exercise in the morning.

uh sorry no. There's no magic potion.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I love Herbalife.
    If you're on the go, it's great. I lost ten pounds in two months having two shakes a day. And they're yummu. Tea burns calories when you drink it. I still have a shake now and then for dinner cause I don't need extra fuel after work since I exercise in the morning.
    No, it doesn't.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    t Advo isn't a pyramid scheme.

Yes, they are. I think that the current term is multi-level marketing but it is the same thing.

• Swan360
    Swan360 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have. I've spent over a $1000 on it just to gain all the weight back plus some. The other low about that program is it doesn't really teach you portion control or how to eat realistically. Without the shakes and the pills you'd be lost as I was for years until I tried HCG, which actually taught me how to eat in proportionately. However, you're eating very little calories and its the hormone helping you burn fat-it's not your own doing-so there too I gained back EVERYTHING. I began my journey 2 years ago-trial and error but managed to lose and keep off 35 lbs so far. I joined Myfitnesspal in hopes to really lose some more weight and I excersize about 5-6 times a week (30 mins -1 hr each day). Wish me luck as I wish you all the same :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Swan360 wrote: »
    I have. I've spent over a $1000 on it just to gain all the weight back plus some. The other low about that program is it doesn't really teach you portion control or how to eat realistically. Without the shakes and the pills you'd be lost as I was for years until I tried HCG, which actually taught me how to eat in proportionately. However, you're eating very little calories and its the hormone helping you burn fat-it's not your own doing-so there too I gained back EVERYTHING. I began my journey 2 years ago-trial and error but managed to lose and keep off 35 lbs so far. I joined Myfitnesspal in hopes to really lose some more weight and I excersize about 5-6 times a week (30 mins -1 hr each day). Wish me luck as I wish you all the same :)

It is the starvation diet, not the hormone causing the weight loss. I was also pretty sure we couldn't discuss this plan since it is a VLCD.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You are right No promotion of vlcd allowed....
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I liked their tea. Never got their protein powder though. The stuff is pricey.
  • yepitsmiss
    yepitsmiss Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Curious....how much were they charging you for the protein?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    yepitsmiss wrote: »

Curious....how much were they charging you for the protein?

Any price is too high, it is a very poor quality product marked up to do things it really doesn't do.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I've tried every supplement remotely close to the ones I find in Herbalfie, or now Omnihealth. I'm not talking vitamins, of course you can get them cheaper than any weight loss system sells them for, I'm talking about the appetite suppressants and such, which I've only found success in Herbalife or Omnihealth. I've bought cheaper, quality ones, which are still sitting on my counter from 6 months ago, because they didn't work. I don't care if it's a scam, or if it is to get rich. EVEN MFP makes money, and people use it. If it works for people, it works for people.
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Its a multi level marketing scam. Its low quality products , with a high cost.
    Anyone can sell Herbalife, shakeology, it works and all those mlm crap peddling companies. They have no special training in health or nutrition. The only thing they are trained on is how to sell their products to niave people . they market this stuff to desperate niave people who believe there is some secret to weight loss and overall health.
    News flash, there is no quick fix. There is no easy way out ( if there was, I would've taken it!! Lol ) if you want to reach your goals, you must work for it. For weight loss, all you need is calorie deficit. If you want to take supplements, you can go to your local store and buy better quality stuff for half the price.

Good luck with your multi level marketing scam then. I never said mfp didn't make money. They clearly do, but they aren't selling low quality products and preying on niave. If the placebo effect works for you, then that's great ! But there are certainly better quality products out there for much less of a cost. But again, if they work for you then that's wonderful ! But I certainly wouldn't take them even if they where free.

Pretty much this. Yes, changing your lifestyle for a healthier life and weight loss is hard but it's a shame some people get suckered into these kind of scams. Mfp is free. It is simple calories in vs calories out tracking system. It does not charge you the earth and make you pay for placebo crutches to help with weight loss that will not help you in the longer term. If you want to buy pills forever then go for it.
  • simona396
    simona396 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! :-)
    I tried Herbalife for few months and it helped me lose some weight, at the begin I liked the shakes. Cleaning my blender twice a day was annoying but I did it anyway. Eventually I stopped and gained back everything. I was getting tired of just shakes, not sustainable for me, now even the smell of a protein shake makes me sick. I'd rather go with a low calories diet with real food than those shakes, it's impossible to continue on a long term basis.
    They will push you to become a distributor too...for sure!
  • reneea42
    reneea42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 50lbs. with Herbalife. I've kept it off for 16yrs minus two pregnancies. I love it feed it to my kids, my 86 yr old grandfather. It definitely works. I kept my weight off with exercise! I always say "calorie is KING" herbalife helps me keep my calories low and my nutrition high. Me and my two boys are healthy. Find what works for you and reach your goals. I also love myfitnesspal
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    reneea42 wrote: »
    I have lost over 50lbs. with Herbalife. I've kept it off for 16yrs minus two pregnancies. I love it feed it to my kids, my 86 yr old grandfather. It definitely works. I kept my weight off with exercise! I always say "calorie is KING" herbalife helps me keep my calories low and my nutrition high. Me and my two boys are healthy. Find what works for you and reach your goals. I also love myfitnesspal

I'm not sure that will work to disguise your obvious intentions...

• DiscoNinja75
    DiscoNinja75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify for the lady who was talking about the GENERIC version of Herbalife sold at Walmart... THAT is not a pyramid scheme. She said it worked for her as well as Herbalife did (again, both worked for her - I'm not interested in using it nor am I promoting it). The Omnihealth products are sold at Walmart to allow folks who can't afford Herbalife, Shakeology and Plexus to try a comparable product at a much, much lower cost. These products sold at Walmart don't require becoming an affiliate or ambassador. You just buy the supplements with no strings attached. The other poster who said she used the HCG said that she gained all the weight back and that she is now using MFP to get on the right path. Then another commenter seemed to think that she was promoting HCG. She wasn't - she seemed to be warning us that it wasn't the answer to long term goals. I just felt the need to clarify, because I'm seeing a lot of bickering here based on misunderstanding. If we all took the time to read each other's posts without having a mindset that everyone has a hidden agenda, we might be able to actually have a positive and supportive discussion. Okay, stepping off the soap box for now. :wink:
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, if Herbalife (which I used to sell, and is total crap), or any of the other myriad of weight loss products actually did what they claim to do, health practitioners the world over would be recommending them, and none of us would be here.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just how big of a sucker ARE you?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Never tried it. Never will. Too expensive and not necessary
    I did enjoy their bootcamps in the park last summer though. It's just sad to see how they are preying on people. When I had my wellness check the coach told me whey protein is for putting on weight and I should buy their soya one. Yeah right. Also they seemed to have a product to fix different ailments. Yeah right