Hit a brick wall

Hi in Matt, father of 3 girls. Not unlike many of you I'm making this journey alone. I've lost 4 stone in 2 years by changing little things and sticking to them. However now hit a brick wall. So I'm going or look at calorie counting, community and discussions hence why I'm here! Would like to connect with people on the same journey!!

Replies

• allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Hi Matt - I hate plateaus. They are so discouraging. Good idea to try to change things around. I found that having a weight loss / fitness community really helps keep things interesting.
  • mattfow1
    mattfow1 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey thanks for the reply. My first step into this kind of world, as I'm quite old school as well! What your end goal?
  • Leesani16
    Leesani16 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Matt! I'm the mom of a young daughter, and I'm going through this journey alone too. It's difficult when you're working and trying to take care of your family. I decided if I didn't join some type of community for support, I'd fail again. I'll send you a friend request. My goal is 45lbs - about 3 stone. Congrats on your amazing loss -- and don't give up!
  • mattfow1
    Leesani. Nice to meet you. What's really hard is getting in from work, starting tea, and them making your own dinner separately, never mind the housework!! And social life, what's that? Good luck with the 3 stone you will feel a million dollars when you get there!!!
  • Leesani16
    Leesani16 Posts: 10 Member
    Nice to meet you, too. I can completely relate. I haven't had a social life in years! I think partly because I'm so embarrassed of the way I look, too. (First time I admitted that) Here's to shedding the weight. Good luck to you, as well!
  • mattfow1
    B)
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    I'm looking to lose 50 pounds. I had lost 65 a bit over a year ago - and gained back 10. I stopped tracking and paying attention - partly because I became bored. After several months, weight loss slows. And, eventually mine came to a stop. But, I'm starting again - and I feel pretty confident that I can do 50 more pounds.
  • mattfow1
    Leesani16 wrote: »
    Nice to meet you, too. I can completely relate. I haven't had a social life in years! I think partly because I'm so embarrassed of the way I look, too. (First time I admitted that) Here's to shedding the weight. Good luck to you, as well!

Well I look forward to seeing your updates and weight loss!!!