10lb losS, First Cheat Day

Options
I had a total loss of 10lbs! Only 10 more to go until i was no longer considered overweight! I was so proud, already more confident. My scale says after yesterdays first cheat that I am now 6lbs heavier and I am not a ton of muscle building right now:( Please help me I am so discouraged.

Replies

• champion389
    champion389 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't have a cheat day, have a cheat meal. Your 6 pounds is water weight prob from all the sodium. Day or 2 of eating clean and excercise and it'll be gone. Good luck
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    In order to gain 1 lb of fat, you need to consumer 3500 calories above maintenance. That would mean since you last weighed in you'd have to have consumed 21000 calories over maintenance, which is pretty much impossible. As champion said, a lot of those 6lbs will be water weight (as well as the food still in your body).

It's also worth remembering that weight loss isn't linear- it fluctuates on a daily basis, sometimes as much as 5lbs. If the scale moving up really bothers you that much, just drink a lot more water when you have cheat days and it should help you feel less bloated the next day.
  • courtneycasey1
    courtneycasey1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't have a cheat day, have a cheat meal. Your 6 pounds is water weight prob from all the sodium. Day or 2 of eating clean and excercise and it'll be gone. Good luck

Praise God! Thank you so much, I was so disheartened by it! Yes sir will do! See this is all VERY new to me. I was once upon a time just naturally thin, and could eat whatever I wanted. After baby #4 my body didn't bounce back so learning how to do this is really hard. So any and all tips would be fantastic! I am 150 if you consider the original loss I had as of yesterday. I need to be 140 to no longer be considered overweight, but I am not really shooting for a specific number more or less just how I like my body and how I feel. I was typically 125 but felt that was very thin and lacked shape for my body personally.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Water weight from sodium and carbs, excess food in your system, etc. It should be gone within a few days. Personally I don't do any "cheat days" or "cheat meals" and just work the foods I love into my goals as I can. Congratulations on your loss, though!
  • courtneycasey1
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Water weight from sodium and carbs, excess food in your system, etc. It should be gone within a few days. Personally I don't do any "cheat days" or "cheat meals" and just work the foods I love into my goals as I can. Congratulations on your loss, though!

I don't think I should do them because it discourages me SO MUCH. I seriously have such a pathetic self-esteem as is but that 10lbs had made me feel amazing. I was on cloud 9. My skinny jeans fit me again! Now I am back in the dumps. it does make me feel better to know it isn't really a gain so much as water etc. I am going to take these Apex detoxing pills a friend gave and see if that helps shave it off. I kept telling my friends I didn't want to do a cheat day because I wanted to stay motivated and I do believe I was right to think that way:(
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I don't think I should do them because it discourages me SO MUCH. I seriously have such a pathetic self-esteem as is but that 10lbs had made me feel amazing. I was on cloud 9. My skinny jeans fit me again! Now I am back in the dumps. it does make me feel better to know it isn't really a gain so much as water etc. I am going to take these Apex detoxing pills a friend gave and see if that helps shave it off. I kept telling my friends I didn't want to do a cheat day because I wanted to stay motivated and I do believe I was right to think that way:(

Those pills won't do a thing. Eat as normal, drink plenty of water, and move on now that you know what happened.
  • courtneycasey1
    Options
    Joy:( Which is actually okay since I can say that those pills aren't what helped me lose 10lbs in just around 2 weeks then?
  • courtneycasey1
    Options
    Do I leave my weightloss as is and re-weigh at a later date? Or do I leave the damn scale alone?
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The burning question - what'd you eat for your cheat day? Haha. I love cheat meals.

Other than that the 6 lbs can be misleading. I'm a serial weigher myself, it's addicting, and I had many a day where the scale would jump wayyy more than I was ready to see. Don't get discouraged. Start kicking butt again and it will come down.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    Do I leave my weightloss as is and re-weigh at a later date? Or do I leave the damn scale alone?

It's up to you. Some people only log new lows. I log my weight every Saturday (except for the rare Saturday when I forget to weigh before eating, then I log on Sunday), whether it's up, down, or the same. Infrequently, when I've had a weight spike I think was due mostly to water I'll step on the scales on other days, but I only log once a week. You have to decide what's right for you.