Need LOW LOW Calorie Snack Ideas

Options
kmitchall
kmitchall Posts: 77 Member
hey guys, title says it all! I am finding that I have a sweet tooth especially at night after dinner and before bed. usually I eat a bowl of cereal but I need something that has a LOT less cals than cereal and milk! If I could find a snack that was under 50 cals that would be great! Ideas anyone?? Also-feel free to add me!

Replies

• cocobot2013
    cocobot2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to eat artic zero ice cream! It has protein and fiber! 1/2 cup or 60 grams is 35 calories! They just put some new ones in our store that's strawberry, orange dreamsicle, and chocolate! Those are so good and taste like actual ice cream, but some are not so tasty lol. You just gotta let it set out for a few minutes and stir it up and it turns into the creamy texture! I also will put some in a sugar free ice cream cone and that's only about 15 extra calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    One raisin!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn
  • nisilap
    nisilap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Popsicles- 15 Cal
    Sugar free Fudgsicles- 40 cal
    Frozen red grapes- taste like candy
    Sugar free jolly ranchers or life savors
    One tootsie roll pop- 60 cal but takes awhile
    2 snack size peppermint patties- 60 cal
  • feroshus
    feroshus Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Jell-O…. or air-popped popcorn. You can have a LOT of plain popcorn for not many calories!
    I also try to fill up on a huge glass of tea (sometimes treat myself to one square of dark chocolate with that tea.) My new idea is also edamame beans or roasted chickpeas… not sure on the calorie count on those.
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do you have a dehydrator? I dry bananas and fruit leathers. They help satisfy my sugar cravings.
  • kmitchall
    Options
    wow, this sounds awesome! I never heard of it, but will def look it up!!
    I like to eat artic zero ice cream! It has protein and fiber! 1/2 cup or 60 grams is 35 calories! They just put some new ones in our store that's strawberry, orange dreamsicle, and chocolate! Those are so good and taste like actual ice cream, but some are not so tasty lol. You just gotta let it set out for a few minutes and stir it up and it turns into the creamy texture! I also will put some in a sugar free ice cream cone and that's only about 15 extra calories.

• mxmakm
    mxmakm Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I third air-popped popcorn. I got my air popper for about $15-$20 and if you get I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray or something similar, you can add flavor for 0 extra calories. You can eat a lot of air popcorn for 50 calories!
  • kmitchall
    Options
    nisilap wrote: »
    Sugar free Popsicles- 15 Cal
    Sugar free Fudgsicles- 40 cal
    Frozen red grapes- taste like candy
    Sugar free jolly ranchers or life savors
    One tootsie roll pop- 60 cal but takes awhile
    2 snack size peppermint patties- 60 cal

Lots of great ideas here! Def. going to be picking up some Fudgesicles!! Tootsie roll, never thought of that!
  • kmitchall
    Options
    Do you have a dehydrator? I dry bananas and fruit leathers. They help satisfy my sugar cravings.

I don't have one but that is a good idea!!
  • kmitchall
    Options
    feroshus wrote: »
    Jell-O…. or air-popped popcorn. You can have a LOT of plain popcorn for not many calories!
    I also try to fill up on a huge glass of tea (sometimes treat myself to one square of dark chocolate with that tea.) My new idea is also edamame beans or roasted chickpeas… not sure on the calorie count on those.

I love jello! I never thought of that. Def. getting added to my list!
  • kmitchall
    Options
    mxmakm wrote: »
    I third air-popped popcorn. I got my air popper for about $15-$20 and if you get I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray or something similar, you can add flavor for 0 extra calories. You can eat a lot of air popcorn for 50 calories!
    I'm a friggen pop-corn junkie! to have it for under 50 cals is a bonus!
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    carrots :)
  • kmitchall
    Options
    lizkharvey wrote: »
    carrots :)
    great idea!
  • Callix
    Callix Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    kmitchall wrote: »
    wow, this sounds awesome! I never heard of it, but will def look it up!!

Artic zero is super gross! Save yourself and get halo top ice cream instead. I straight up threw away the artic zero. Halo top is sold at whole foods and some other places. Pretty sure it's 60 cals per serving.
  • MonicaH0322
    MonicaH0322 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually have transitioned to drinking tea as a bed time snack. Rooibos is caffeine free and some brands offer phenomenal calorie flavours! I have a chocolate mint, cherry pie, and Georgia peach that are great.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    If you know you want something sweet at night, plan it in to your day.
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    - mix salsa and hummus - as a dip. or hummus and roasted red peppers out of the jar (just cut them up and throw them in the hummus) ENJOY!
    - egg whites omelet with slice of roasted chicken or turkey breast deli meat ! so good. roll it in a letus instead of pita gives it an added crunch

those are my 2 fav things
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Also to curb your sweet tooth - drink celery juice. - soooo good for you. I know you may wonder how that curb your sweet tooth? you can find answere at this web site. there are ton of vegie juices that will curb your sweet tooth. http://juicing-for-health.com/healing-vegetables.html - INFO ON VEG
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    A strong cup of peppermint tea with some Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale added makes a delicious peppermint hot chocolate replacement.