Calories Burned

Options
I have really enjoyed this site and app on the cell. However when I input my exercises for the day I can never do it accurately. Does anyone know of a general calorie burn that a waitress would do per hour??? I have been searching on Google and have had no luck. Thanks a bunch for any help.

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You should not count this as exercise. In your profile you chose your activity level, Im an accountant so chose "sedentry", as you have a much more active job you should choose the higher "general" activity level here and do not count this as exercise in your daily journal. This is something you typically do on a daily basis so isn't classified this way to utilize the site to its best.
  • nikkialexander828
    nikkialexander828 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    if all else fails you would just put in walking slow or moderate...
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Actually, I believe that's an option when you fill out your data. You wouldn't list yourself as sedentary..... hold on, let me see if I can find the steps for you.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You don't count your work as exercise. To reflect your waitressing, you set your activity level higher. Go to your settings to set it. :flowerforyou:

ETA: Go to MY HOME, then SETTINGS, then click on update diet/fitness profile - it shows a waitress as being ACTIVE.
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You should not count this as exercise. In your profile you chose your activity level, Im an accountant so chose "sedentry", as you have a much more active job you should choose the higher "general" activity level here and do not count this as exercise in your daily journal. This is something you typically do on a daily basis so isn't classified this way to utilize the site to its best.

Yep, what she said. :)
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, but I only work 4 days a week at 3 hour shifts. that's why I was wondering.
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    if all else fails you would just put in walking slow or moderate...

This is what I have been doing because I only work for 3 hours a day, 4 days a week and Im not always waitressing. But days as today, i know I burned a lot of calories at work but wasn't sure how to find out.
  • shelia2696
    Options
    hi
    i exercise using one of leslie sansone dvd's does anyone know how i would calculate that to get my calories burned