Your Tummy Type

Options
So I have been doing a lot of research on Tummy Types, and I have realized that mine is one of the most common which include mainly having a cravings for sugary foods and starches, such as potato chips, pastas, and breads. I do have all of these, and I was wondering if tummy types actually play a role in how you should eat and lose weight.

Replies

• queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Interested in more info..
  • dozensofthreads
    dozensofthreads Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • kadybug97
    kadybug97 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My tummy type is bloated! This means I need to make breakfast my biggest meal of the day...which sucks because I do not like breakfast foods other than cereal, which is what I need to avoid :/
  • Jocgaye0724
    Jocgaye0724 Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can't decide if mine is the bloated tummy or the stress tummy because I do skip meals and I just like to snack on junk food and I love coffee and I don't like to eat breakfast cause I'm not hungry in the morning I eat mostly late which I shouldn't ... Ughh ☹️
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mine is the spare tire tummy
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Mine is spare tire tummy/bloated tummy. :neutral:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No. Literally all that you need for weight loss is to consume fewer calories that you burn. Barring a few specific health conditions, what types of foods you eat have absolutely no bearing on weight loss.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    kadybug97 wrote: »
    My tummy type is bloated! This means I need to make breakfast my biggest meal of the day...which sucks because I do not like breakfast foods other than cereal, which is what I need to avoid :/

I don't buy any of this "tummy type" stuff, but just wanted to butt in to recommend eating non breakfast foods for breakfast. I like having a larger meal at breakfast time but until recently wasn't much into breakfast foods (I'm into eggs lately), and so just had dinner leftovers. Over Christmas when I was staying with my parents I'd often have veg, smoked salmon, and cottage cheese, which apparently my dad thought was weird, but seemed normal to me.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This is magazine-style entertainment. It's not meant to be taken seriously. The way your tummy looks has nothing to do with what they are attempting to pull. Genetics and eating too much will make it stick out in any shape it does. "Munching on the wrong foods" does not give you a larger tummy, eating too many calories of any food does.

You don't need to have a large breakfast if you don't like it, you don't need to avoid cereal, and you don't need to have breakfast foods for breakfast if you decide to have one. Seriously. The more arbitrary restrictions you put on yourself the harder it will be to stick to the plan. Simplify and make it as easy as possible for yourself, and as long as you eat fewer calories than your body burns you should lose weight regardless whether or not you decide to apply further restrictions.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    That is the most nonsensical piece of drivel I have ever seen

My taste preferences run to savoury and crispy carbs ...doesn't stop me watching my calories, moving or lifting
    This is magazine-style entertainment. It's not meant to be taken seriously. The way your tummy looks has nothing to do with what they are attempting to pull. Genetics and eating too much will make it stick out in any shape it does. "Munching on the wrong foods" does not give you a larger tummy, eating too many calories of any food does.

You don't need to have a large breakfast if you don't like it, you don't need to avoid cereal, and you don't need to have breakfast foods for breakfast if you decide to have one. Seriously. The more arbitrary restrictions you put on yourself the harder it will be to stick to the plan. Simplify and make it as easy as possible for yourself, and as long as you eat fewer calories than your body burns you should lose weight regardless whether or not you decide to apply further restrictions.

This ^^^

• brookej8688
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I always read read read into any and every thing I can find, I know most of it is bull, but I still read it anyway to see if it will help. And thats why I posted it on here, I love your input and hopefully it helps Me and others as well!! thank you so much
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have bad mummy tummy. Like it sticks out and THEN has overhanging skin. I doubt I'll ever have a properly flat stomach.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'd do that but I'm at a time of my life when wrinkling up my face at the crap written in the media is inadvisable :)
  • brookej8688
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'd do that but I'm at a time of my life when wrinkling up my face at the crap written in the media is inadvisable :)

I am on the road 24/7 I travel for work, So any time Im not driving I am reading lol. But I have came across a LOT of unusual articles, this one seemed to make since in some ways, but then again…. I got fat because I didn't eat right, ate too much, and didn't exercise,… so I can lose the fat by changing those exact things.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    While genetically we're different from person to person, human physiology has been consistent for thousands of years. To gain weight, eat more than you need to. Lose weight, eat less. Maintain, eat just enough.
    This "tummy type" is basically pseudoscience created to benefit whomever is selling you something. Create a problem and then have the solution at hand. It's how the diet industry has been a billion dollar industry in the last 30 years plus.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Basic drivel. A person can easily be a combination of any, all or none of these. But his suggestions are all positive-eat nutritional food and exercise. So no harm really.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I know it's drivel, but it's so cute. I have a little pooch, which makes it sound like I'm carry a small dog around in the front pocket of a sweatshirt.
  • Jocgaye0724
    edited January 2016
    Options
    People take everything to the extreme !!!:€
  • Jocgaye0724
    Options
    I love to read <3 .... But with that being said I don't believe everything I read . I thought this article was cute too lol