21 day fix or 30 day shred?

Options
I am curious if anyone has done both of these workouts, and if so what were your experiences? Did you have better results with one or the other? Thanks!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've never done the 21 day fix, but I've attempted the 30 Day Shred.

I found the 30 Day Shred to be boring and hard to stick to. Only 3 workouts that are called "Levels". You do each "Level" for 10 days. So highly repetitive.

21 day fix looks like it could be interesting. While I see no need for the colored plastic containers, there are 6 workouts which should create more variety and less boredom.

That's just me though. I have to change things up to keep myself interested.
  • Vectorizing
    Vectorizing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found the 30 day shred a great way to get back into exercise after so long. It's a short workout and the days I didn't feel like doing it I told myself, "it's only 20minutes". This way I found it easy enough to stick to.

Haven't done the 21 day fix but I know people who have tried it. It's expensive and time consuming. You will buy foods that you may not normally spend on (there are so many ingredients to buy) but the portion control part is quite good I think.

I highly rate the 30 day shred, it's exercise on top of moderating what you eat. It's not time consuming, a reasonable outlay and I saw an improvement in my fitness levels and body tone on top of controlling my food intake.

Good luck!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have both of them already and am trying to decide which to commit to for January (or if I should just mix it up). I have seen some really inspiring before and after pics of the 30 day shred but not as many of the 21 day fix. I have never gotten past level two of the shred without getting hurt or sick (not always because of the workouts!) but the repetition can be boring. Although you also know what to expect which sometimes is good. :). I love the 21 day fix nutrition plan and would stick to that, along with 5:2, no matter which workout I do.
  • cathyk3181
    cathyk3181 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who had great weight loss with impressive muscle tone doing 21day diet. I have tried both and was not able to commit to either for longer than a week