Low Carb NO EGG breakfast recipes??

Options
I can't find any :/. I don't really like eggs and I hate eating them everyday. What are good breakfasts that are low carb but NOT EGGS! Lol

Replies

• healthycanadian95
    healthycanadian95 Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    It's a great question and something I've struggled with when carb cycling. Some options I can think of off the top of my head are silk unsweetened almond milk, low carb protein pancakes w/ sugar free syrup, smoothie/shakes with fresh veggies (kale, spinach, etc) and/or fats (nut butters)+protein in them, you can do just a nice meats+fried veggies type breakfast stirfry, quest bars, fat free greek yogurt+vanilla extract+splenda (in moderation), breakfast bowls with diced meats, spinach, goat cheese or your favourite type of cheese fried up, etc.

Breakfast is definitely the most challenging meal for low carbing if you're skipping eggs but definitely Google it, you should find some good options as well.

Thank you!! I really appreciate it. I'm so sick of eggs haha!
  • taylortaylorgb
    taylortaylorgb Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Flax seed waffles. I'll have to dig my recipe out, but they are amazing. Even my brother, who is anti-diet anything, loves them!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I get sick of eggs too but low carb breakfasts don't fill me up anyway... but your best bet is probably Greek yogurt and fruit.
  • sheenahomeoffice
    sheenahomeoffice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I rotate between protein shakes, eggs (boiled or scrambled with veggies), and Greek yogurt with fruit. Since its New Year's Day tomorrow I plan on doing something special. Protein pancakes and turkey bacon since its been a while!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do for yourself breakfast-wise is to realise that the concept of 'breakfast food' is a complete furfy, and you can eat whatever you want for breakfast. Have a small steak with some veg. Have some meatballs. Have some tuna mixed with cottage cheese. Whatever. It doesn't need to fit the category of 'breakfast food' so have whatever works for you.
  • sitzenhuser
    sitzenhuser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sausage and bacon are my favs
  • sitzenhuser
    sitzenhuser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I get sick of eggs too but low carb breakfasts don't fill me up anyway... but your best bet is probably Greek yogurt and fruit.

Fruit is a no no on low carb, the sugar still block the fat cells from being used as energy. As my dr says, Fruit makes you fat on a low carb diet. Same as yogurt.

• theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It's a great question and something I've struggled with when carb cycling. Some options I can think of off the top of my head are silk unsweetened almond milk, low carb protein pancakes w/ sugar free syrup, smoothie/shakes with fresh veggies (kale, spinach, etc) and/or fats (nut butters)+protein in them, you can do just a nice meats+fried veggies type breakfast stirfry, quest bars, fat free greek yogurt+vanilla extract+splenda (in moderation), breakfast bowls with diced meats, spinach, goat cheese or your favourite type of cheese fried up, etc.

Breakfast is definitely the most challenging meal for low carbing if you're skipping eggs but definitely Google it, you should find some good options as well.

These all sound delish... Thanks for ideas
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Whatever you ate for supper the night before. Or dinner (lunch) stuffs.

Fruit is not a "no no" on low carb if one climbs the rungs in the ladder as Atkins intended. IIRC, berries are one of the first "carby" foods to reintroduce at a controlled amount/rate.

ASSuming, of course, one is following a low carb plan like Atkins where it was originally designed to allow a person to find how many grams of carbohydrate s/he could eat and still either lose weight or maintain. Unfortunately, that part of that way of eating seems to frequently been lost to the past. /: Spent a lot of years watching a lot of women stay at 20 grams or less while daily caloric intakes were sometimes in the 3-5,000+ range on other boards. No bueno.

• lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use Vega One protein shake in vanilla, mix in some strawberries.. OR mix in blueberries and lemon juice. Sometimes I'll add a little Silk Almond milk and of course ice. Lots of protein :)
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have natural strained or Greek yogurt topped with toasted slivered almonds, toasted pumpkin seeds, linseeds, a few raspberries (frozen are fine out of season), and a drizzle of cream - delicious and filling.

Berries are a good alternative to fruit - nutrient rich and far lower sugars.
  • SharonDenzien
    SharonDenzien Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make mini frittatas that you can warm up as needed. You can add whatever veggies and meat you want. Mine have 1.1 carb per frittata. Add spices, herbs, my go to breakfast.
  • jodi3357
    jodi3357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This morning I had sautéed tofu, onion, garlic and swiss chard ( first time) in olive oil. It was delish!!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I make mini frittatas that you can warm up as needed. You can add whatever veggies and meat you want. Mine have 1.1 carb per frittata. Add spices, herbs, my go to breakfast.

Frittata is made from eggs though?

OP... I'd go with the suggestion of throwing your ideas on "breakfast" food out the window. You can eat what you like. I love Steak, avo and greens for breakfast!
  • cjholliday
    cjholliday Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of eggs either. I actually have been known to have a small regular meal for breakfast. A little lemon chicken (not the deep fried kind, obviously) actually tastes pretty good in the morning. Maybe a half avocado?
  • Schoggili
    Schoggili Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The best thing you can do for yourself breakfast-wise is to realise that the concept of 'breakfast food' is a complete furfy, and you can eat whatever you want for breakfast. Have a small steak with some veg. Have some meatballs. Have some tuna mixed with cottage cheese. Whatever. It doesn't need to fit the category of 'breakfast food' so have whatever works for you.

Totally agree with this - eat whatever low carb food you like for your morning meal :wink:
  • martelr
    martelr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can't find any :/. I don't really like eggs and I hate eating them everyday. What are good breakfasts that are low carb but NOT EGGS! Lol

Chocolate protein powder with coffee. Low carb caffeine. Delicious.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

It's worth noting the best "fruit" to have w/ greek yogurt is Blackberry as its more fibre than anything else. Great for low carbing and helps fill you up with smoothies n such.

You can also add in nuts, chia seeds & cinnamon
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Schoggili wrote: »

Totally agree with this - eat whatever low carb food you like for your morning meal :wink:

Yup. I'm not much of a breakfast eater. I eat something most mornings now - but only because my blood glucose levels continue to rise from the dawn effect until I do. So I eat a quarter cup of nuts on the way to work most days. But I've never thought of foods as being tied to a particular meal.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Leftovers often work well.

I tend to skip breakfast and just have a coffee with cream (dairy or coconut) with protein powder, then I just need to think ahead to lunch.