Just had baby 5 months ago need to get baby weight off

Options
I was already big to begin with b4 my son however I lost 20 pounds b4 I got pregnant and well now I'm way over that I wana get down by May 15th my wedding anniversary 250 now wana be 130 or close to it I know I can help with tips recipes ect I'm starting to go to the gym Tuesday

Replies

• Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm in the same boat. My little one will be six months in a week and a half. Are you trying to lose all the weight before your anniversary or just make good progress? I think the latter is probably a better goal. Setting your standards too high can be counterproductive or unhealthy.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I was already big to begin with b4 my son however I lost 20 pounds b4 I got pregnant and well now I'm way over that I wana get down by May 15th my wedding anniversary 250 now wana be 130 or close to it I know I can help with tips recipes ect I'm starting to go to the gym Tuesday

Set realistic goals. You will not lose 100 lbs by May.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You are NOT going to lose 120lbs in five months unless you have several limbs amputated and probably most of your guts ripped out too. That's nuts. You need to get your head around some realistic goals.
  • Krussell8782
    Krussell8782 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Find your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the amount of calories burned for your body to survive. I use the Mifflin StJeor theory and adjust MFP calorie goal according to it.

A pound of fat is 3500cal and a safe weight goal is 1-1.5# a week. Every five or so pounds adjust the calorie intake. Your body will naturally burn it off. Now if you decide to work out to help it along do your best to stay within your BMR but don't starve yourself. Yes you can increase your caloric intake but remember we want our bodies to burn it off not keep maintenance.

If you have access to a rower highly recommend researching interval training while measuring heart rate. It has helped me drop 46# since May going from 245 to 198 and still dropping.

It will amaze you when you start using the formula to balance your caloric intake and with exercise you will get there. The really cool thing is when you do it this way with exercise you can still eat whatever you want (my wife is a dessert baker and I love her cookies as well as southern comfort foods). Just have to manage the intake and your body will naturally do the heavy lifting.

Best of luck and if you need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me!
  • Deej1020
    Deej1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey! Same boat. Had my son 6 months ago and I still have 10lbs to go before I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm determined to knock it off, but I need motivation and support! I'm always starting and stopping. Mostly because Of food. I'm a junk food eater. I don't mind exercising, but when I have to stop junk food it's hard. I'm trying. It's 2016, I have to do better
  • Deej1020
    Deej1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also, I agree with that everyone is saying above. You will not lose that much weight in just 5 months. You could loose a fraction of it with hard work, dedication, and self accountability. Set mini goals for each month. Look at the weight scale once a week of beginning of the month and the end of the month. Start small by cutting out foods that aren't healthy and replacing them with healthier foods. I subscribed to some healthy food channels on YouTube for foods inspirations. I also found a all womens workout studio. If you can't find one, there are plenty of great workout videos! Pace yourself. It's overwhelming at first. 130lbs can be your end goal, but start off with something smaller and work your way to that goal.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Not a realistic goal and not sensible either. Considering your starting weight you may be able to lose 30-50lbs- depending on your consistency and perseverance.
  • ElizabethBozeman89
    Options
    Deej1020 wrote: »
    Also, I agree with that everyone is saying above. You will not lose that much weight in just 5 months. You could loose a fraction of it with hard work, dedication, and self accountability. Set mini goals for each month. Look at the weight scale once a week of beginning of the month and the end of the month. Start small by cutting out foods that aren't healthy and replacing them with healthier foods. I subscribed to some healthy food channels on YouTube for foods inspirations. I also found a all womens workout studio. If you can't find one, there are plenty of great workout videos! Pace yourself. It's overwhelming at first. 130lbs can be your end goal, but start off with something smaller and work your way to that goal.
    . I don't have time to really eat at all let alone junk food I'm to busy running around to eat and if I get a chance it's small bc my son needs something so when I do it's a granola or protein at some point of the day I had previously lost a lot of weight I just need the time so no I don't eat anything unhealthy nor will my son he's not haveing soda candy any kinda sugar that's not natural till he's way older and fast food he will not get that tampered food
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You did not get to 250lbs by being "too busy running around to eat".
  • ElizabethBozeman89
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Well I have health issues so ya it can
  • Hfeff
    Hfeff Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as well. I had my second child August 16. I gained 40 pounds with him. I lost 25 and then gained back about 8. I have never really eaten healthy. I've been overweight my whole life. I don't really like fruits and vegetables but I have decided that I really need to get healthy not only for myself but for my children. I don't want to become a diabetic. I bought the Nutri Ninja and am planning to get my fruits and vegetables in that way. I don't mind exercising, I've done it before. Definitely try walking. Walking sometimes turns into jogging which it did for me. I was an avid jogger and did many 5k's. I am looking forward to getting back into that. My older son said he would even do the kids races so that is something to aim for. Put a plan in place and do your best to stick with it. It isn't easy. We have all been there. That is why we are on these boards. This is my year, I am ready for a lifestyle change. I can't wait. Good Luck.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Granola? Some of those granola cereals are full of nothing but sugar, corn syrup, and bad fats. Read those labels. Some granola is healthy, some is so bad, it should not be sold.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Granola? Some of those granola cereals are full of nothing but sugar, corn syrup, and bad fats. Read those labels. Some granola is healthy, some is so bad, it should not be sold.

Granola should not be sold? Lol. I'm in trouble.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

If you have health issues that cause you to be 250 lbs, what makes you think u can get down to your goal weight so quickly?
  • ElizabethBozeman89
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

Granola should not be sold? Lol. I'm in trouble.
    Lol oh I know I make my own with granola from a whole foods store all natural and I keep them in lol bags so I can grab and go
  • ElizabethBozeman89
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

If you have health issues that cause you to be 250 lbs, what makes you think u can get down to your goal weight so quickly?

When I work out its easy for me to loose it I just depend on my mom bc my hubby works really early to really late and By the time he gets home I don't wana work out I'm to tyrd