From Fat to Fit to Fatter because of a bad heart (28yoM)

Options
Hey everyone! Just a little about me. I'm 28 years old, a new husband (2014) and a new father (2015). Life with my family is wonderful and I'm loving every minute of it. However...I was diagnosed with a Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm (Ballooning of main artery coming from heart) and a Bicuspid Aortic valve (BAV) a few years back and started packing on weight due to fear. I was in great shape before, bodybuilding.com male transformation of the week#169, and was big into bodybuilding and loved lifting HEAVY!

After the diagnoses I was told not to lift anymore and to live a lower paced life (I work as a paramedic so thats not always an option). I gained the weight back I lost plus another 40ish. I just started eating better the previous few months and started slowly back into the gym with light weights and cardio and joined MFP. I'm finding that my drive is decelerating and I need a boost!

I have another 60lbs I want to loose to be healthy and alive for myself and my family. Looking for friends to motivate me and vice versa!

Replies

• shellcheri
    shellcheri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you check in with your cardiologist, and share your plan with them. Together you two can develop a program that is safe and healthy. You can do this!
  • drew87d
    drew87d Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cleared for light weights and low intensity cardio. Thank you! :smiley: