Sweating for the Wedding

Options
Any other brides (or grooms) who are sweating it out to be in tip top shape for their wedding day??

Replies

• lbmarshall23
    lbmarshall23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right here! I've actually found it quite difficult to get motivated cause my fiance thinks I look beautiful the way I am but I don't like the way I look. Add me if you'd like to motivate and support each other!
  • cassandraccrowley
    Options
    Me too! Newbie to MFP. When are your wedding dates? Mine is 10.14.16. Wishing I'd chosen a later date haha
  • marymoni
    marymoni Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am!! August 20th 2016 :) Feel free to add me as well!
  • crickle3013
    crickle3013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Back to MFP for the second time!! Wedding is July 15, 2016.. 35 lbs+ to lose.. Feel free to add me :)
  • perhapsormaybe
    perhapsormaybe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My wedding will be April 16, 2016. Not a whole lot of time. Want to weigh 40 pounds less by then, but realistically more likely (if I stick with it) to be down by about twenty or so. Good luck and feel free to add me if you wish.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Yep. 10/29/16. Been working at it slowly over the last year to make sure it's sustainable. I'm at an "okay" point where if I don't lose anymore, I can live with it. But, if I do, yay me!

I'm really more interested in getting fit now, rather than being thin. Adulthood! ;)
  • WeddingCharlotte
    WeddingCharlotte Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - my wedding is July 1st and hoping to loose at least a pound a week which would get me above my 20ish pound weight loss goal! I've had success in the past and lost 45 pounds in 2012/13 but regained 30ish pounds through being loved up and many eating out dates! It would be great to connect to people looking to loose weight for their wedding because I find it hard to focus on it when there's a lot else happening :)
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Me too!! I have until early 2017 thankfully!! We've had to put off the big day a couple of times (for icky financial reasons) but I definitely want to do my best in 2016 so I don't have that anxiety of "OMG I'll have to show my arms soon!" I NEVER show my arms and my dress is strapless!

EDIT: Feel free to add me, anyone that wishes :) Happy to have buddies here.
  • hotpineapple
    hotpineapple Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've got a fair way to go - March 25th 2017 - and I'd want to be down around 70kg by then (79kg currently). Would love some friends on MFP for accountability purposes! :)
  • fitissexiest
    fitissexiest Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Added everyone! Let's do this!
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Two and a half months for me, in March. So I already have had my first dress alteration appointment so I don't want to lose too much at this point. I'm on the final stretch now!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'd like to share my success story with you. I got married 11/15/15 to a wonderful man who has always made me feel desired and loved. I went dress shopping with my wedding party on 1/31/15 and had a great time and found a dress I loved that fit me, so I bought it right off the rack. In March I made the decision to start eating better and getting more exercise, I was in nursing school at the time and wanted to be able to handle long shifts on my feet and not hurt. As a result of a lot of hard work and some actual fun along the way I went from 254 in January to 217 in August. I tried on my wedding dress and it fell down to the floor as soon as I let it go. THIS WAS THE GREATEST FEELING!!!
    It also made me a little nervous since the wedding was still 3 months away.. I went to David's Bridal and they said they didn't think they could alter the gown and keep the shape and they didn't have that style in a smaller size. They did, however, allow me to exchange that dress toward the purchase of a new dress. I had an even better time shopping for the 2nd dress in my new, healthier body and mind. The second gown I found was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I realized that the original dress was wearing me and that I was wearing this dress. I made the decision to maintain my weight, which I did (actually lost 1.5lbs.) so that I didn't have to have the dress altered. I felt sexy and beautiful and happy when I had it on. My husband was blown away when I walked down the aisle and he and I danced all day and had so much fun!

All I can say is have fun, enjoy yourself and be happy. For me, the weight loss helped me feel more like myself than the person I had been hiding behind for the past few years. I am really happy I was able to give that version of myself to my true love. Besides, who doesn't want to dance all day and not feel like their feet are falling off?
  • perhapsormaybe
    perhapsormaybe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I haven't even bought the dress yet. Waiting until next month. Partially because of hopeful weight loss goals and partially because I don't want to have to alter it multiple times.
  • KittieKatye
    KittieKatye Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Does is count to be a bridesmaid in a wedding? :p
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    September 2017 I am getting married.
    I have until this September to lose as much as possible for my fitting.
  • agucitis
    agucitis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Less than 2 months! Need to lose 2-3 kg ! Hope we will succsed !
  • JaneCoates6059
    JaneCoates6059 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am getting married september 2016 and now trying to get myself into shape. Would appreciate any help and motivation x
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am getting married september 2016 and now trying to get myself into shape. Would appreciate any help and motivation x

Congratulations! I would have to say just be really honest with yourself about logging your meals, measuring and weighing your food. If you really feel like you want something sweet or salty, you can figure out how to build it into your day. You don't have to deprive yourself to lose weight. You will be more successful in the long run if you allow yourself the foods you enjoy, at least in moderation. Find an activity or exercise that you really like and that will make it easier.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I'd like to share my success story with you. I got married 11/15/15 to a wonderful man who has always made me feel desired and loved. I went dress shopping with my wedding party on 1/31/15 and had a great time and found a dress I loved that fit me, so I bought it right off the rack. In March I made the decision to start eating better and getting more exercise, I was in nursing school at the time and wanted to be able to handle long shifts on my feet and not hurt. As a result of a lot of hard work and some actual fun along the way I went from 254 in January to 217 in August. I tried on my wedding dress and it fell down to the floor as soon as I let it go. THIS WAS THE GREATEST FEELING!!!
    It also made me a little nervous since the wedding was still 3 months away.. I went to David's Bridal and they said they didn't think they could alter the gown and keep the shape and they didn't have that style in a smaller size. They did, however, allow me to exchange that dress toward the purchase of a new dress. I had an even better time shopping for the 2nd dress in my new, healthier body and mind. The second gown I found was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I realized that the original dress was wearing me and that I was wearing this dress. I made the decision to maintain my weight, which I did (actually lost 1.5lbs.) so that I didn't have to have the dress altered. I felt sexy and beautiful and happy when I had it on. My husband was blown away when I walked down the aisle and he and I danced all day and had so much fun!

All I can say is have fun, enjoy yourself and be happy. For me, the weight loss helped me feel more like myself than the person I had been hiding behind for the past few years. I am really happy I was able to give that version of myself to my true love. Besides, who doesn't want to dance all day and not feel like their feet are falling off?

I love this story!!!! Thank you for sharing :) I am a bit worried that if I make a lot of changes they may not be able to alter the dress enough, but I know that if it comes down to getting another in the way you did, he won't be bothered if it's for my healthy and happy self :D

Also, congrats to you for doing such great work and for your happy wedding!
  • liveloveqc
    liveloveqc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Wedding in February 2017 :)