Any teachers out there....

Options

Replies

• moriahgirl101
    moriahgirl101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Teacher and full time student. Please add me!
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher! I teach sixth grade social studies. I am on here daily, so feel free to add me! :smile:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    A question for everyone - how do you fit in exercise during the week? I find that I'm exhausted at the end of the day, and am not a morning person so doing it before school would kill me! I'm usually at work from 8:00-4:30. Then I come home and walk my dog for a half hour or so (shorter or longer, depending on the weather!). She's my first priority after school because she's been home alone all day. After that, I spend time preparing and cooking dinner. That does leave me plenty of time after dinner to work out, but I just have no desire to! At that point, I'm tired and want to relax for the evening. I'd love to hear everyone's exercise routines!!

I work out 20-45 min before school at 5:30am, usually a DVD, and then lift after school M/W and run or circuit T/Th afterschool before going home. I get off about 4:30 and am done with my workouts by 5:15.
  • workhardandbenice
    Options
    Former English and Journalism teacher turned teacher librarian with about 15 pounds to lose. Please add me. I need support, motivation, and accountability!
  • misitaly1025
    misitaly1025 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. Orlando, FL teacher here! I teach 4th grade. This year I am going to prioritize, plan, and prepare! Work can not take over my life any longer! We need to reclaim our personal life's! We must have time to workout, eat healthy, and take care of ourselves first. This year is the year! Add me ladies! :)
  • booradley30
    booradley30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me! Feel free to add me. I have been using mpf for a few years, and I'm halfway there. 20 lbs left to lose xx
  • rem2191
    rem2191 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a primary teacher in England - would love someone to talk to about how this works around school hours!
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    music teacher here....sat at a piano or an instrument my whole life. Month 6, day 175, 527 miles, 28 lbs down. Ya'all feel free to add me. I post, log and blog nearly everyday. Happy new year teacher peeps!!
  • martelr
    martelr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Medical education professor here. Good luck and happy new year.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too in the UK, Looking to shift 20lbs this time before half term in May (holiday to Cyprus!) If anyone has good, quick easy lunch ideas please share - need to stop eating cheese sandwiches or school dinners and find something better! Be great to join up and share our successes and horror stories!
  • mamawhitlock
    mamawhitlock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I am a HS Math teacher and new to MFP. Not sure exactly what I am doing but hope to lose 20 more pounds (lost 40 last year on my own but am paused). Spent yesterday in my sweats grading papers and lesson planning, so now have a "free" weekend! Hope to swim or walk on the treadmill later. Easier said than done (am still in my jams). :-)
    Looking for support and suggestions. Happy 2016 all!
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Elementary art teacher here. All I can say is I'm thankful for the holidays being over. I have a big bucket of sweets from families. Any more and I'm not sure what I'd do with it. :lol:
  • Carbro1970
    Carbro1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kindergarten teacher here. Sometimes so difficult to balance work and exercise etc. Would be great to chat with others in the field and know your strategies for creating that balance.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Soaringhigh2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I teach high school English in Indianapolis. I am trying to get back in the groove of taking time for myself and my health. Would love some fellow teacher encouragement; add me!

So important to have a bit of 'me' time. Glad you are
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    Carbro1970 wrote: »
    Kindergarten teacher here. Sometimes so difficult to balance work and exercise etc. Would be great to chat with others in the field and know your strategies for creating balance

Dear fellow teachers
    Thank you for responding to this post. I cannot seem to add friends Thames last few days, so please feel free to add me as a friend. Teachers supporting teachers is a great combination
    X
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher. But I'm considerably older....that being said, Here's a cartoon to which we can all relate:
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    I'm a teacher too in the UK, Looking to shift 20lbs this time before half term in May (holiday to Cyprus!) If anyone has good, quick easy lunch ideas please share - need to stop eating cheese sandwiches or school dinners and find something better! Be great to join up and share our successes and horror stories!

School dinners are delicious in my school but can be very calorific as well. Feel free to add me.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    I'm a teacher. But I'm considerably older....that being said, Here's a cartoon to which we can all relate:

Love the cartoon, but whatever your age we all need support. Feel free to add me as a friend; I'm hardly a spring chicken myself
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    Hope your weekend goes well feel free to add me