Tips for Adding Friends. Your Suggestions Welcome.

Options
2»

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year again when there is a large influx of new MFP members posting in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.

This might come in handy for folks who'd like their posts to stand out a bit more.

5) Originality and/or humor attract attention, at least they attract my attention. Try to come up with a thread title that is a bit more ambitious than "Hi, I'm new here." (Just don't violate #4, above.)
  • minizebu
    Options
    Bump
  • minizebu
    Options
    Bump
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well... I'm new to the "community" aspect of MFP.. but what I've already learned is this. I will not becollected. If I look on your profile & your a dude, & 46 out of your 48 friends are women.. no thanks. I'm all set. Other than that, I just want to talk to people who want to be healthy like me.

While I COMPLETELY understand your reasoning here, I find it difficult to find many guys who want to friend me. I have as many as will accept my request (who are looking) and as many have sent me requests on their own. There seem to be a large proportion of females to males who are willing to send/accept requests.

If there were more guys who were as motivated to accept another guys request, I don't think it would be such a big deal.

Also, for me, I have quite a few friends but I also try to motivate and seek motivation. People who are not my friends may not see that and think I'm just adding to an arbitrary number that really means nothing. I go through and clean up my friends list whenever people stop logging in and I like to replace those with people who are currently active. It's a never-ending cycle.

Point being, can't always judge a book by the cover. You may assume something that isn't true and lose out on a great friendship/motivator.
  • bigplantnerd
    bigplantnerd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't be an over sharer, like me! But I'm working on it
  • minizebu
    Options
    Bump.
  • minizebu
    Options
    Bump.
  • minizebu
    Options
    Bump.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Open Diary, likes or comments, encouragement when you hit a bump in the road, taking people on a journey. I love this place ♥ and the many great ideas.
  • minizebu
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm going to add another bullet point to the above list:

6) Challenge yourself. It can be hard to find pals, before you've had a chance to find your way around MFP. It can also be hard to set up your own exercise regimen, if you are new to fitness or have been away from it for a while. Joining a challenge group can bring you into contact with lots of other MFP members and provide some structure or routine for your fitness goals, as well.

MFP now has a forum dedicated just to challenge group announcements:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

• minizebu
    Options
    Bump
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I miss Everlearn.
  • minizebu