Any teachers out there....

Options

Replies

• Soaringhigh2
    Soaringhigh2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    martelr wrote: »
    Medical education professor here. Good luck and happy new year.

Great to have you post here. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    rem2191 wrote: »
    I'm a primary teacher in England - would love someone to talk to about how this works around school hours!

Are you talking about how mfp works or fitness in general?
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    Me! Feel free to add me. I have been using mpf for a few years, and I'm halfway there. 20 lbs left to lose xx

Good for you. Unfortunately there is something wrong with my account n I have not been able to add friends. So please add me
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    Former English and Journalism teacher turned teacher librarian with about 15 pounds to lose. Please add me. I need support, motivation, and accountability!

I have about the same amount to loose, well slightly under. Please add me.
  • Soaringhigh2
    Options
    A question for everyone - how do you fit in exercise during the week? I find that I'm exhausted at the end of the day, and am not a morning person so doing it before school would kill me! I'm usually at work from 8:00-4:30. Then I come home and walk my dog for a half hour or so (shorter or longer, depending on the weather!). She's my first priority after school because she's been home alone all day. After that, I spend time preparing and cooking dinner. That does leave me plenty of time after dinner to work out, but I just have no desire to! At that point, I'm tired and want to relax for the evening. I'd love to hear everyone's exercise routines!!

I work out 20-45 min before school at 5:30am, usually a DVD, and then lift after school M/W and run or circuit T/Th afterschool before going home. I get off about 4:30 and am done with my workouts by 5:15.

I get up early as well to go to the gym before work. Family commitments don't allow me any other time
  • lolowjc05
    lolowjc05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great post, I'm a teacher too! Feel free to add me as well. Good luck with your journey!
  • Greenari
    Greenari Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also a teacher! Just started with MFP yesterday.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    3dwj9hj7ik1x.png

Love this. This is how I feel this weekend :).
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm an elementary teacher in Prince Edward Island. :) I have been focusing on my health for the past few years and have been using MFP off and on for a while. Feel free to add me!
  • marmeer25
    marmeer25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lots of teachers here :smiley: . I'm a teacher too - junior high science and math. I've been working on becoming healthier for a while now. Last year, I lost 45 pounds through logging my food and exercise - but I gained back 20 when school started. EEK! I'm still down 40 from my heaviest weight - but this year I want to reach a healthy BMI, have a 35" (or smaller) waist, get fit, do regular push-ups, buy clothes at any store, have more energy - and maintain all this for my life!!!

I'd love to have some other friends on my feed who can relate to juggling teaching with healthy lifestyle choices. We can motivate each other - and keep ourselves accountable!

Anyone who reads this thread - feel free to add me!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    A question for everyone - how do you fit in exercise during the week? I find that I'm exhausted at the end of the day, and am not a morning person so doing it before school would kill me! I'm usually at work from 8:00-4:30. Then I come home and walk my dog for a half hour or so (shorter or longer, depending on the weather!). She's my first priority after school because she's been home alone all day. After that, I spend time preparing and cooking dinner. That does leave me plenty of time after dinner to work out, but I just have no desire to! At that point, I'm tired and want to relax for the evening. I'd love to hear everyone's exercise routines!!

The honest truth - it's not easy. It's never going to be easy, but if you can get into a routine it is manageable. Personally, I workout immediately after school. I bring a change of clothes with me, and change right there before I leave the building. Most days I run immediately after school. During the winter months I run in the neighborhood around the school. On the days I lift, I go straight to the gym, or I run and then drive straight to the gym. I never go home first. As I said, it's not easy. Most days, by the time I get home, shower, pack the next day's lunch, cook at eat dinner - it's about 7:00. But it's worth it.
    You have to figure out what works best for you, carve out the time, and build it into your schedule. You are already walking your dog - can you walk a little longer? Or try adding some intervals of running? Or hire a dog walker a few days a week so you don't feel the need to rush home those days? Or maybe just deal with morning workouts (FWIW I don't like to workout before work, but I do get up extra early to run several mornings in June, because it's better than dealing with the afternoon heat.)
  • jaydemtrak
    jaydemtrak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Junior High SPED teacher in Utah. Former D-1 soccer player, now almost 47. Difficult to lose weight from years of lifting and eating , but being able to lose. Add me if you want. First time tracking meals and calories.
  • irtracy
    irtracy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I teach special ed. Feel free to add me. :)
  • runollierun
    runollierun Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too am a teacher! A high school teacher! Feel free to add me!
  • moomah1974
    moomah1974 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi all...I'm a para in an autism room at the public school where I live. Just started MFP. Had it downloaded before but never got serious about it. Now, I'm ready for a lifestyle change!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too... I quit FP some time ago.... Recently gained more.
    I need to lose about 25 -30 lbs, but I'd settle for 20 if I gained some muscle ....
    I plan on starting "being good " Monday, Jan . 4th
  • ljo239
    ljo239 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone, and soaringhigh2, you are an awesome moderator, thanks.

I don't know about anyone else, but the Sunday Night blues are creeping in on Saturday for me. It's been a nice break and I am sorry to see it end.
  • mariatsk
    mariatsk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, elementary school teacher in Norway here! Have been using MFP for over a year, but definitely need some accountability and motivation in my feed! Feel free to add me if you want, and it's great if you could send me a quick message about who you are at the same time:)
  • ndwhitley
    ndwhitley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a teacher too. I teach English and social studies. I'm originally from the US but currently teaching at an international school in Shanghai. I look forward to connecting with you all. So, please add me!
  • malizacoralynmundo
    Options
    Hi! I'm a teacher too.. from the Philippines and i just started using MFP :):)