Best Protein bar?

Options
I'm trying to find a protein bar that I like other than cliff bars. Cliff bars have too many sugars and carbs and a small amount of protein. I've tried quest bars and absolutely HATE them! Just wondering what your favorites are and what you would recommend to someone who hates quest bars. I really enjoy Lenny & Larry's protein cookies - but only the chocolate brownie and snicker doodle. I'm pretty picky :/

Replies

• Marlanea_VSG
    Marlanea_VSG Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to hate Quest, too....have you tried heating them up? For example, if you pop the chocolate chip cookie dough one in the microwave for a few seconds, it comes out like a hot, fresh, cookie! Yum!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I dumped Quest after the formula change. New favorite-Combat Crunch. I think they're all only 210 calories for 20g of protein or so. They are really sweet but it works for me. I like sweet now.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Quest are disgusting now that they changed the formula. The old bars were incredible. I am so sad they are not going back. They were such a staple in my diet. I have been liking oh yeah nutrition, lenny and larry, chocorite uncoated (my favorite), and fit crunch.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I dumped Quest after the formula change. New favorite-Combat Crunch. I think they're all only 210 calories for 20g of protein or so. They are really sweet but it works for me. I like sweet now.

Out of all the flavours cookies and cream is the least sweet tasting, but yea overall they are pretty sweet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

Out of all the flavours cookies and cream is the least sweet tasting, but yea overall they are pretty sweet.

I know :) I kinda like it. The flavor is just better than so many, even though they're sweet.
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Think thin bars
  • ChristerHaugsoen
    ChristerHaugsoen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I go cheap and buy Tigers Milk at Sam's Club. They're just what I need to start my day. Don't think I would eat them beyond the morning though. Paleo protein bars look pretty good though I'm not sure of the pricing.
  • jkoenig1980
    jkoenig1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Roll your own. Search homade protein bars on YouTube
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch
    Mission1bars
    Quest bars
    Oh yeah one bars
    B-up bars
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Balance bar, but only the mint chocolate one. It tastes exactly like a girl scout thin mint cookie!
  • karwowski1992
    karwowski1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weird. I stopped eating Quest bars because I thought I didn't like them anymore (I used to find it hard to just eat one a day before..) I had no idea their formula changed! Anyways, since I had to make a switch to a new brand I've found I really like the Pure Protein bars. You can find them at Target/Walmart.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    ^^^ You can also get the Pure Protein bars at Costco.

I personally like the Clif Builders Bars. We've also had Powerade's protein bar given to us after races and they're pretty yummy, too.
  • fatgirl564
    fatgirl564 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like pure protein bars I get them at Wal-Mart
  • deebol
    deebol Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like maxinutrition bars. Around 23g of protein low carb and low calorie. And it almost feels like a chocolate treat instead of a protein bar.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I still <3 my Quest protein bars. To me, they still taste the same.
  • beckenharris
    beckenharris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't like most protein bars - I think most of them leave a weird aftertaste - but have recently discovered Think Thin bars. My 17 year old son likes them too.
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch (chocolate peanut butter cup)
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    ahawkx wrote: »
    Balance bar, but only the mint chocolate one. It tastes exactly like a girl scout thin mint cookie!

I like these, too! Super tasty, protein bar or otherwise. I think they're about a 1.00-1.25 each.

http://www.balance.com/products/chocolate-mint-cookie-crunch/

200 Calories
    14g Protein
    2g Fiber
    Balanced 40-30-30 Nutrition
    Low Glycemic Index (33)
    23 Vitamins & Minerals
    Excellent Source of Antioxidants
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes the cinnamon one and the birhday cake. Soo good