I'm back and more determined than I have ever been. Let's be friends? :)

Options
Quick background: I was always very active and in shape until I went to college in 2010. The combo of stress from school and life led me into five years of binge eating. I ended up putting on 85lbs. Two degrees later, I sought help from a wonderful psychologist and together, I lost 30 of those pounds. However, I had to move back home for a year and quickly fell back into my old habits. I've managed to gain back 21lbs.

However, three days ago I received an acceptance into my top choice for dental school!!! I can't believe it, but this has been my life goal and I'm finally going. But... I know I have to get my eating under control because if I thought I was stressed in undergrad and grad school, I'm going to be in for a rude awakening come August.

Therefore, I have decided to restart today. I'm going to be following what worked well for me in the past with my doctors, so I would really appreciate it if whoever I am friends with on here respects that. I had some friends here in the past who gave me grief because they felt my 1200 cal goal and goal weight were too low. All of my goals were achieved through the work of myself, my psychologist, my nutritionist, and my family doctor!

Anyway, my stats super quick for those who are interested:
Height: 5'1"
CW: 175lbs
BMI: 33.1
SW: 184lbs
GW: 110lbs
Current cal goal: 1360 - will slowly drop it back down to 1200
Mini goal #1: 158lbs (BMI of 29.9)!

Let's be friends!

Replies

• Ebuka95
    Ebuka95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    College student too. Similar story but the reverse used to be about 290 my freshman year now I'm a junior mad im 190lbs. You can do it!!! Just added you
  • pdvshym
    pdvshym Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi wishing you all the best I have been a yo yo dieter for past 5 years it's my first time using this app hope you are well
    Thanks
  • NemEhes
    NemEhes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    pdvshym wrote: »
    Hi wishing you all the best I have been a yo yo dieter for past 5 years it's my first time using this app hope you are well
    Thanks
    Ebuka95 wrote: »
    College student too. Similar story but the reverse used to be about 290 my freshman year now I'm a junior mad im 190lbs. You can do it!!! Just added you

Looking forward to working with you two!
  • mbryon
    mbryon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!~ Bring It 2016! This is your year! :)
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Your journey has begun and it will be awesome. I have been here for nearly 1200 days, lost 115lbs and am now maintaining. I am 55 and have been deleted due to this. just wanted to wish you good luck
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your journey has begun and it will be awesome. I have been here for nearly 1200 days, lost 115lbs and am now maintaining. I am 55 and have been deleted due to this. just wanted to wish you good luck

Amazing well done