FIVE LBS AT A TIME WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Options
2»

Replies

• RAmelia63
    RAmelia63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal. More than two pounds per week isn't safe, realistic or sustainable. You got this!✌️
  • RAmelia63
    RAmelia63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    madtsara wrote: »
    I'm in! Like Shawnette97, I'm struggling to stay motivated to even begin what seems like an impossible task. I think that I can focus on 5 pounds at a time!

You can do this!
  • akuciban
    akuciban Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is similar to yours. I'm about 155 and want to end up at 135, preferably 130 by June 30th. I've always been a snacks eater. It was never a problem until 2 years ago when I became a stay home mom of 2. Now every time I walk through the kitchen I eat a snack it's terrible. I'm hopeful the community here will help me stay on track!
  • akuciban
    Options
    Worst part is I was 145 in October :(. Help!
  • akuciban
    Options
    RAmelia63 wrote: »
    paijing wrote: »
    Are you thinking to set up a group with regular weigh-ins? Please let us know and send us a link if so!

I hadn't thought about it but sounds like a great idea! Happy to set up something through Facebook if that works for folks. We can then also share recipes, tips, etc unless there is a better way to do this.
    Definitively want to pursue that. It helps a lot particularly when one goes up or stay flat to have a circle of friends offering encouragement.

Im in for this too!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week loss is actually only recommended for those who are very overweight, anyone else attempting it will lose an awful lot of lean body mass along with fat and can end up with the dreaded "skinny fat" and just generally struggle with compliance.

Small goals can definitely be easier to achieve than the daunting view from the top of what seems an insurmountable mountain.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am at 163 and my first goal is to lose down to 155. I am 5'5" tall and 66 years old. Yikes! My ultimate goal is to lose down to 140-145. The scale just doesn't want to go down lately!!
  • MomChemist
    MomChemist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have had a tremendously stressful 2015 with lots of travel for work (and eating out, less exercise, etc. that goes with that!). I will still be doing some traveling in 2016, but it should be considerably less. So I am ready to set some goals. My first big goal is to get out of the "obese" weight category again. For my height, that means losing about 8-9 lbs to get to 174. So my first goal: 177 by end of January, which is about 5 lbs.
  • LouiseBastarache
    LouiseBastarache Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm in as I'm looking to lose 10 pounds and have a trip coming up in March.
  • rati_menon
    rati_menon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I am a vegetarian so i find it a real challenge to stick to my carbohydrate goals.
  • kz_dc
    kz_dc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to lose 13 more lbs to hit my goal weight (let's round it up to 15 lbs). But I'd love love love to lose 5 lbs by February 1. We can give these five pounds to the curb!
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Aiming to lose 10lbs! Hoping to get there by the end of March at the latest :)