Where to start

Options
Hi everyone, I'm a 38 year old mum withstand 3 year old about to start full time work again. I've been overweight since my teens having found out at 20 I had an underactive thyroid gland. The consultant thought I had had it for 7 years and I had a partial thyroidectomy and put on thyroxine pretty much the same dose of 125mgs for the last 18 years. I need to lose around 170lbs. I have no issue eating well I love my veg and fruit but the last 6 months I've gained 2 stone and I feel hideous. I lost my dad a few months ago to cancer. I start my days with good intentions and then I just binge on sugar. My downfalls are ice cream, chocolate, cakes. I don't buy them in my weekly shop but soon as I feel i have been naughty I just go out and buy the food. My eating stems from having a bulimic mum who labelled food as good or bad. We never had 'bad food' in the house unless she was bingeing and then it would be gone within a day. Soon as I had my is money would blow it on food shops planning all the bad stuff I could eat.
I am desperately unhappy in myself and I know she in in control and tracking what I eat I feel so much better and can handle life better but I just cant seem to gets started. I've just been offered a really good job on great money which will make a huge difference our lives but the sacrifice is my little one going full time to nursery so i feel guilty about that and sad so as usual turn to food.
Does anyone have any tips for me to get started I can't go on feeling so big, out of breath and tired.
Thanks for listening

Replies

• Lindsaycardiodays
    Options
    Hello,

Please don't get yourself upset/feeling guilty about putting your child to nursery school. It is hard for us moms to let them go to pre-school because of having to work. But, it is not hard for your child. Of course in the first few weeks it will be an adjustment for your child, but you will see how it is actually very good for your child's development. They gain a lot of confidence and have new friends and it's really fun for them!
    What helps me is to look for the positive things from any situation.
    If you are used to being a stay at home mom, now you are going to work, then you will probably loose a bit of weight just from having a new routine that forces you to be up and out of the house early, moving around more just from having to go to work.
    Also, try to start slowly. Don't cut your calories too aggressively or you will binge on sugar for sure. Baby steps will be much easier for you handle!
    Good Luck to you!

• napierbrown2015
    napierbrown2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so far today so good following my calories and done lots of walking!