Ttlklutz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @arditarose According to Scoobys Workshop about 2300
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ttlklutz wrote: »

So you're in a deficit still. Then you REALLY need to understand you're not gaining, because it's a whole different game when you actually start.
  • Ttlklutz
    Options
    @arditarose Yeah, I haven't really put on any weight yet. This poundage was strictly from Christmas binge eating for 2 days. I ate nothing but cookies and peanut butter Bon Bons all day long. I know it has nothing to do with my normal diet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

how are you bulking at 1700 if your TDEE is 2300?

And what level of active did you use? 2300 is a mighty high TDEE for a woman unless you're doing something else besides lifting.
  • arditarose
    Options
    @arditarose Yeah, I haven't really put on any weight yet. This poundage was strictly from Christmas binge eating for 2 days. I ate nothing but cookies and peanut butter Bon Bons all day long. I know it has nothing to do with my normal diet.

I did that and went over my surplus for days and days in a row. So not only have I already been gaining weight, I gained at a faster rate on top of that. I have some water weight, but a decent amount of real gains going on too. And that has not been easy on my mind.
  • Ttlklutz
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

And what level of active did you use? 2300 is a mighty high TDEE for a woman unless you're doing something else besides lifting.

I put moderate, the description is so vague I didn't know what to put. When I plug in with "light" it says 2044 and if I put "Desk job with no exercise" it says 1783. So, I don't know which one to use.
    I'm reversing dieting. Started at 1200 a day.
  • RobotPhysique
    RobotPhysique Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    So you're in a deficit still. Then you REALLY need to understand you're not gaining, because it's a whole different game when you actually start.
    +1 I dig reverse dieting to minimize fat gain and allow your metabolism to adequately transition, but I don't think there's any reason to slow roll deficit to maintenance. If you really want to take it easy, start your +100/week at 100 over TEE and build from there.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I put moderate, the description is so vague I didn't know what to put. When I plug in with "light" it says 2044 and if I put "Desk job with no exercise" it says 1783. So, I don't know which one to use.

What do you do besides lift?
  • arditarose
    Options

But you've been logging in MFP right? So you have data to find your maintenance. How much were you losing with 1200 calories per week?

I don't mean to be harsh, but you're not bulking right now. You're in a deficit. Even if you overate like crazy during the holidays, you probably didn't gain-because you are generally in a deficit. If this is bothering you, you really have to consider what it's going to be like when you're in a real surplus.
  • Ttlklutz
    Options
    @arditarose Christmas was probably the first time I had a surplus since starting hahaha. I'm glad the holidays are over so I can start to get a better look at what I should be doing. I didn't anticipate the mental road blocks that would come with it. I'm glad I am not alone.
  • Ttlklutz
    Options

What do you do besides lift?

Nothing more then usual daily activity.
  • Ttlklutz
    Options
    @arditarose Yes ma'am I have. On my good weeks I lost about 2 pounds, as I got smaller it was less but I also wasn't adhering to my diet very well sometimes but the number was still dropping even on my worst weeks at least .5 pound.

No, that's ok there is a lot I don't know that I need to. When I started looking into reverse dieting I just found so much conflicting information and everyone does things so differently that I decided to just go slow because I don't know what to do. I tried to figure out what my maintenance would be and of course I looked at to many sites which all told me different things, leaving me more confused.
    As for when I actually go into a surplus, I am not horribly worried about it but I know certain aspects will be harder on me, especially the first time through. At the end of the day I trust the process and know it will get me where I want to go. I just have to adjust my mindset as I go and develop my thinking around the subject matter. I don't let my emotions run my life, I'll get through, learn and move forward.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Then that's not moderate. TDEE- is total daily energy expeindeture- it should include your daily work life- There is no accounting for being a desk jockey- Trust I life 3 times a week and spend upwards of 15 hrs a week dancing. If you only lift and have a desk job- you aren't moderate.

But as Arditarose said- you have been tracking you know where your maintenance is- and the proof is in the pudding- no gaining- no surplus.
  • seanguard
    seanguard Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eat all the things till April.
    Smash the f*c& out of my powerlifting meet then cut like crazy till September!

That's mai plan.

How did the meet go? I'm looking to get into powerlifting as well. Any tips/advice/what to expect? Thanks.