New year, new me. Putting myself first now.

Options
I have lived the last 21 years of my life for my family and work. I've lost myself along the way and gained a lot of weight, blood pressure now high, stress through the roof. As part of my new year new me, I recently changed positions at work. Management is a tough job but when it becomes all about work, you lose sight of so many things around you including yourself. My second part of my new year new me is eating healthy and moving more. I have a lot of weight that I need to lose and know there is no miracle pill or fairy godmother that can make it happen. It's all on me and the decisions I make. I want to tone my body as I lose. Firm up those target areas. I'm ready for this and super excited. I feel this will help me stay focused and have others who will encourage and push me when needed. Here's to a great year, a new journey, a new me. And here's to everyone making new goals and life changes for a new healthy lifestyle!!

Replies

• maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cheers to the new year and new you!
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself!! I am working on just being a more positive person this year. Hoping to be a more positive role model to others. Turning 50 next month and I hear it's the new 30
  • lusabeth08
    lusabeth08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am loving this app!! Lots of info, holds me accountable and you can share with so many people that are doing the same.
  • tjmuehe
    tjmuehe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes. New Year, New Me! I have lost myself the last few years between working full time, going to school and taking care of my family. I plan on putting my needs first because if I'm not healthy then we all suffer. Stay strong and positive. You got this!
  • jlsc1867
    jlsc1867 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hear you. My work past few years done tge same as well as take my health. Im taking control of me back too. Add me as friend
  • brandi851
    brandi851 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I could have written this myself! Here's to achieving our goals! When we do this for ourselves, I firmly believe it benefits our family & work as well!
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    brandi851 wrote: »
    Sounds like I could have written this myself! Here's to achieving our goals! When we do this for ourselves, I firmly believe it benefits our family & work as well!

I totally agree!! :)
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    jlsc1867 wrote: »
    I hear you. My work past few years done tge same as well as take my health. Im taking control of me back too. Add me as friend

We can lose sight easily. But if we can see what triggers us, that is the first step. We can do this!!
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    tjmuehe wrote: »
    Yes. New Year, New Me! I have lost myself the last few years between working full time, going to school and taking care of my family. I plan on putting my needs first because if I'm not healthy then we all suffer. Stay strong and positive. You got this!

Exactly. My kids are 18 and 20 now. I want to be around to enjoy my time with my hubby now and a future with my kids and grand kids. Going the way I was, I don't think I would have made it.
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    maureented wrote: »
    Cheers to the new year and new you!

Thank you.
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    sstrack123 wrote: »
    Take care of yourself!! I am working on just being a more positive person this year. Hoping to be a more positive role model to others. Turning 50 next month and I hear it's the new 30

Love that. I'm right there at 48 this month . Body feels like I'm 60!! Over it. I'm bringing sexy back.
  • jlisah
    jlisah Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm 56 and as retirement gets nearer, I want to make sure I'm in as good a shape as I can be. Seeing the issues my parents have as they have aged is a good motivator too. It sounds like you made some tough decisions and I wish you the best of luck with your goals this year!
  • captainbiscuit586
    Options
    Good for you! I had the same epiphany after a coworker passed away at the age of 53. This is the only body you get...I knew I'd have positive physical results from getting healthier, but I didn't realize that the mental clarity I'd gain would be just as rewarding. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    jlisah wrote: »
    Good for you! I'm 56 and as retirement gets nearer, I want to make sure I'm in as good a shape as I can be. Seeing the issues my parents have as they have aged is a good motivator too. It sounds like you made some tough decisions and I wish you the best of luck with your goals this year!

Thank you.
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    Good for you! I had the same epiphany after a coworker passed away at the age of 53. This is the only body you get...I knew I'd have positive physical results from getting healthier, but I didn't realize that the mental clarity I'd gain would be just as rewarding. Good luck to you on your journey.

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your friend. My last doctor's appointment helped me in my decision. Scary as it sounds at the time, it's sometimes those things that help us realize where we are and where will be if we don't make changes. I'm ready for the mental clarity as well. Good luck!!
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    brandi851 wrote: »

Agreed!!!
  • FPmwm
    FPmwm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to everyone starting out on this important journey! Looks like I'll be in good company :smile:
  • lusabeth08
    Options
    FPmwm wrote: »
    Best wishes to everyone starting out on this important journey! Looks like I'll be in good company :smile:

Good luck to you as well. We can do this!!