Nurti Ninja Smoothies

Options
I got a Nurti Ninja Auto-IQ for Christmas! Love it! Have been playing with different recipes for them. This is one I really like a lot.

1/2 Granny Smith apple
1/4 cucumber
1tsp. raw ginger root
1 packet stevia
green tea
add ice and blend

It's very fresh tasting. Look for others to try so post away.

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My favorite is what I call my sunshine smoothie:

One small container of plain greek yogurt [the 100 cal Chobani ones]
    1 scoop [measured] strawberry protein powder
    Unsweetened almond milk to the fill line
    Two handfuls of orange, pineapple and strawberry pieces [they come from the frozen section]

Blend and VOILA! It tastes like a strawberry milkshake.

Anyone try apple and spinach/kale? I'm going to try that next.
  • GinnyRamsdale
    GinnyRamsdale Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do green powder, ( veggies in pdr form) with frozen fruit. Extremely nutritious and the frozen fruit makes it taste good. Great for trying to get alkaline!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I buy the big bag of organic kale/spinach from costco
    berries
    something dairy like (yogurt, cream, milk, soy milk)
    turmeric, ginger
    flax or chia seeds

and then if I'm working out I add a zippfizz vitamin mix. Orange flavor is my favorite.

And I add avocado if I want to make it more of a meal.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am getting into the smoothies as well. I like to use half a scoop of chocolate protein powder. 1 cup almond milk, handful of fresh fruit(any variety , stevia and vanilla to taste- very good - like a chocolate milk shake ...
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies. My favorite is a handful of spinach, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup of oats, 1 banana and almond milk to the fill line. Yum, tastes like ice cream :smiley:
  • AZWrestlingFan
    AZWrestlingFan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got a Nutri Ninja not sure the model for it. I put in spinach, a banana, and frozen strawberries and it tastes good. Looking for other ideas but lactose intolerant.
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    I got a Nutri Ninja not sure the model for it. I put in spinach, a banana, and frozen strawberries and it tastes good. Looking for other ideas but lactose intolerant.

Almond milk has no dairy in it and it's pretty tasty.
  • WJDK
    WJDK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did a pear, half a banana, 2 cups of spinach, and almond milk. Delicious.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Try this one for breakfast.

handful of spinach
    1/2 banana
    1/2 orange
    1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tbs chia seeds
    almond milk

Yummy! I picked up some kiwi fruit, going to try to whip up something with them.
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    Options
    I have a nutribullet. like strawberry, banana and kale with almond milk and Chia seeds. I find kale easier to make with fruit than spinach. But it's probably because I really hate the taste of veg in smoothies.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I tried a half Apple, 5 blackberries, powdered greens, and half cup Swiss chard and 1 cup coconut milk. Pretty good!
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    Do you guys peel your apples? I did almond milk, greek yogurt, kale and a chopped apple with peel on, and it was so pulpy I could not drink it. The taste was fine, though. I ended up throwing it down the drain and made another smoothie with different fruit and no greens.
  • Tigerlily2u
    Tigerlily2u Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe:
    Coconut Water
    Banana
    Frozen Strawberries or mixed frozen fruit
    Blenditup Protien
    Powdered greens
    Chia seeds
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm using unpeeled apples with no problem. I found you need to put the ingredients in the order recommended.
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    I'm using unpeeled apples with no problem. I found you need to put the ingredients in the order recommended.

I did. I guess the unpeeled apples is what screwed me up.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't peel my apples or pears or any fruit where you can eat the skin. Sometimes the smoothie does be very thick but I just add more water as I drink it.
  • csch79
    csch79 Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've got a nutri ninja pro coming if USPS ever decides to deliver it. I hate when Amazon ships via USPS for a 2 day Prime order.

Hoping it comes today like it is supposed to so I can make a breakfast smoothie tomorrow.

I've got some PB2 that I'm finally going to try too. I love peanut butter so i'm interested in seeing how the PB2 tastes.

Quick question. Do you usually use a regular thawed banana or do you need to freeze it? I could see it turning into mush if it wasn't frozen.
  • csch79
    csch79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I made my first nutri ninja smoothie this morning. I didn't have much on hand to make it with so it was just chocolate protein powder, almond milk, pb2, a couple ice cubes and half a banana. Came out pretty good, I'm going to pick up some fruit, greens, and greek yogurt to start experimenting with tomorrow morning.