Always Hungry

Options
I'm getting very frustrated I've lost 18 lbs so far but I have a very very very long wayy to go...problem being I'm always hungry I'm allowed 1530 calories a day and I'm always so very close to going over or I do go over them I eat a lot of protein and I'm still always hungry I dont know what I should do all I know is I'm getting very frustrated. Please help

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating every couple hours (which would meal 5 or 6 small meals vs 3 larger meals)?

I find when I don't eat every few hours I end up VERY hungry.

I also try and make sure I eat enough at breakfast. I find if I don't eat enough then - I'm very hungry ALL day long.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I get seriously hungry on no-exercise days. Burn off some calories so you can eat more! It's what works for me.
  • kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    well,I was gonna say eat a lot of protein but you already said that.Maybe a lot of water.Ive heard to drink some metamucil 30 minutes before a meal with a lot of water.Its got a lot of fiber.Maybe you should have your thyroid checked to if you havent already and maybe your sugar also. Hope this helps.
  • kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Nice pic I got a Siberian Husky:) Her name is Cheyenne
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    for me, I've learned that I need to have some carbs to feel full, so a slice of whole wheat bread with some peanut butter on it with a big glass of water will keep me full for a few hours - hopefully you'll be able to find foods that can keep you full, it's not the same for everyone - good luck
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm getting very frustrated I've lost 18 lbs so far but I have a very very very long wayy to go...problem being I'm always hungry I'm allowed 1530 calories a day and I'm always so very close to going over or I do go over them I eat a lot of protein and I'm still always hungry I dont know what I should do all I know is I'm getting very frustrated. Please help
    try miracle noodles:)
    I love them .
    They fill you up and they have 40 cal per 200 gr .
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I get seriously hungry on no-exercise days. Burn off some calories so you can eat more! It's what works for me.

Yeah, I macked 1800 calories and still am about 100 under my 1200 I'm supposed to net. I'm like you, though (or I was, before eating my workout calories)......freakin' starving all the time.

Also, if you DO eat lots of little meals, try eating 3 big ones. I always did the little meal thing because I wanted to keep my metabolism going all the time, but I found that I'm more satiated when I eat three big ones and have a small snack here and there.

Good luck! It sucks being hungry!
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I agree!! On my off day/s I get super hungry as opposed to when i work out. Some times when ive had a hard work out and burned alot of calories i find myself being under my limit for the day and just to full to stuff more in.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi I always get hungry at night. I eat 1600 calories but 1200 calories when I do the elliptical for 1hr. how can I stop these urges of not eating at night. I do the low glymeic but I eat a little candy and not indulge fully its in my requirements of my 1
    300 calories
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Depending on your fiber intake, I would say increase your fiber. You can get plenty of fiber in some breakfast cereals (I mix All Bran Buds with a little frosted flakes) and going with whole grains instead of using white bread might help. Also, drinking plenty of water. Don't know if that helps, but it's all I got.
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. What I found was that although I was eating a lot of protein, I was also eating a lot of sugar. I started tracking my sugar and it really helped me to become aware not only of how many calories and fat grams I consume each day, but how I choose to spend my calories and fat grams. I was staying below my calorie goal but was making wrong choices as to how to spend my calorie allowance and was therefore constantly hungry. Choosing foods high in protein and fiber and low in sugar has helped me quite a bit.
  • DeeDeeRay
    DeeDeeRay Posts: 1
    Options
    Popcorn works for me.... just a small single serve bag w/ ice tea/lemon, no sugar. It has good fiber and so my doc, says to go for it.
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    Fiber, fiber, fiber! It keeps you full for a long time! Kashi Go Lean Crunch isn't necessarily low in calories (200cal/cup) but if you eat more than one bowl you regret it - over full & gassy (sorry of that was a little TMI).

If you're like me and just always have the urge to snack I suggest taking a liking to pickle spears, baby carrots, nuts, celery, grapes and popcorn. I need things I can have more than one of. Try to skip any additives tho (like ranch, butter, extra salt, etc)

This is coming from a chronic muncher who has only lost 1 lb in 2 weeks though haha anyway, good luck!
  • MrsSchmidty7
    MrsSchmidty7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel hungry until I eat something really good...I don't know if that makes sense - but it's almost as if once my body is satisfied by the taste of the food my tummy isn't hungry any more. AND it works the other way too, I could be super full but still want to eat until I eat something that taste good. I've began to chew gum at the end of lunch and drink MIO in my water...they are both little sweet treats that seem to finish the meal. :)
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi flecke and athan I will define try the kashi cereal. I like the frosted mini wheat. I eat half cup of that and 1/2 cup of 2% milk. I checked my sugar intake it is more then the allowance. After my wrkout I Dnt eat anything its hard so I give in I eat 1 of those chocolate lindt truffle little Italian bread with cheddar cheese and down it with water.

I lost only 6.5lbs 2 months and wrkout 6days a week
  • lilhottstuff88
    lilhottstuff88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the mio I dont do regular water its always gotta have something in it such as mio or crystal light or whatnot
  • lilhottstuff88
    Options
    I snack thru the day the only meal I really eat is dinner I'm not usually up early enuff for breakfast but I will be now that school is out cuz I provide daycare so my breakfast will consist of a slimfast shake
  • lilhottstuff88
    Options
    yes I'm getting my thyroid rechecked and my sugar as well cuz I'm being tested for diabetes my doctor seems concerned as to how much weight I put on in such a short period of time and how many problems I have getting it off and keeping it off.
  • lilhottstuff88
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the help I will keep trying to eat the smaller things through the day weight loss has always been very hard for me bcuz I'm so determined in the beginning and then give up cuz I get frustrated and I'm so very determined to stick with it this time
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options
    lilhot - you should really try to get in breakfast every day, and not just a slim fast. You can pre-make your breakfast the night before (omelets, granola, pukolla, etc) and have it ready for in the morning. I always find that I"m more hungry in the day if I haven't had breakfast.