How do I stay motivated

Options
I know all the benefits from losing weight and all the bad health issues from being overweight but I have tried to diet and exercise lost some weight and after people start telling me Oh wow you've lost weight I feel good and then I automatically start trying less at eating healthy and excersise ng I need help and also ideas of workouts I can do at home since the gym is not in my budget currently.

Replies

• tefaught
    tefaught Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try Something visual like marbles or rocks in a jar for pounds lost or stickers on a calendar for "healthy" days. Visuals work for me- childish but it works!
  • fat2fitaddict
    fat2fitaddict Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't use a gym either. I walk about 15-20 miles a week.. jog some as well and do calisthenics. Pushups, situps, jumping jacks, etc. anything to burn cals. Then I LOG them on MFP.. The key to your success is going to be..making logging cals a part of your life forever. If you are logging your cals and exercise daily then you will not only lose the weight but you will keep it off too. YOU CAN DO IT. Here's my advise... start walking briskly every day.. yes everyday.. 30-45 minutes. Find the time. Also, do about 50 pushups and 50 jumping jacks everyday. Eat at a calorie deficit.. you can use an online calculator OR MFP should have already done that for you to figure out your daily calorie goal..that's it. Do that and watch the pounds fall off. :-)
  • celia122002
    celia122002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you both I will try the visuals and also I want to make this diet not only a few weeks worth but something I can stick to for a long time. I appreciate ya'lls comments.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I set daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals. Then I keep track on a big calendar.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Think about why you started if you ever feel like your loosing motivation every day is a step in the right direction
    Good luck
  • sharonrussell49
    sharonrussell49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my lovely... I'm a complete yoyo dieter and have tried every diet on the planet!!!!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I set up my FitnessBlender calendar a week, or more, in advance. Once a workout is complete, I mark it complete. Every day, save Sunday, I have a workout planned and calendared. Now I have to do it or mark myself absent without leave. Get home from work, change into workout clothes, do the workout (because it is scheduled) walk the dog, shower, make dinner. Make it a routine, it will become a routine, you WILL do it.
  • rs604
    rs604 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I ride a bicycle
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Reasons to stay motivated are different for everyone. You need to find what works for you! When I started my weight loss journey (4 years ago) my initial motivation was to make my crush regret rejecting me! I wanted to lose as much weight over the summer vacation before going back to school and I would just envision his (and every other guys) jaws dropping to the floor, like from a cartoon! That's what kept me going through all the tough parts, and there were a lot at the beginning! Once a good portion of the weight started coming off and I FELT better, I realized, wow...I feel amazing! I want to CONTINUE feeling amazing! So I kept it up for myself.
    It took a lot of time for me to actually find that "motivation". There were many points in my life where I tried to start dieting/exercising and would lose a little, but then fall right back into bad habits.
    I also used to write myself little notes to keep me on track. Like if I felt like stuffing my face or skipping a workout, I'd turn to an appropriately written note to motivate me to not skip the workout or stuff my face. You just need to find what resonates within you to push yourself through the hard times. Once you find that "thing", you'll find it easier to stick with it! Good Luck!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as you. Just posted something similar. I have to work out at home because of kids and I do the 30 day shred, strong curves (book by bret contreras, finished the first half of program and results were being seen!) and other Jillian Michael DVDs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    I know all the benefits from losing weight and all the bad health issues from being overweight but I have tried to diet and exercise lost some weight and after people start telling me Oh wow you've lost weight I feel good and then I automatically start trying less at eating healthy and excersise ng I need help and also ideas of workouts I can do at home since the gym is not in my budget currently.
    Motivation is internal and creating habitual behavior that is conducive to helping you lose weight will help to keep you motivated. If you really want to do this, you'll FIND the ways to make it work. There are lots of body weight only exercise you can perform and are posting for free on youtube.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• celia122002
    celia122002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Ya'lls comments are very helpful I will continue to work hard to make it a routine.