milk craving

Options
So, we started our weight loss journey on May 30th. Since then, I've had this undying craving for milk. LikeIi can't get enough. For calorie and tracking purposes I limit myself, but man is it HARD! Anyone else have a similar craving?

Replies

• amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MILK!!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    every morning I have an 8 oz glass of milk (2%) and a carnation instant breakfast packet. together they are 260 calories and fill me up enough to make it to lunch. Hope that helps your craving.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    you can try unsweetened almond milk, just as good for you and only 35 calories a glass, it might help! it might take a little getting used to but will be worth it.
  • elizabethdemulder
    Options
    A craving for milk is a sign of a calcium or vitamin D deficiency. Try adding a daily calcium supplement and the cravings should subside.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I can drink a never-ending fountain of chocolate milk. My stomach, however, cannot handle 8 ounces of chocolate milk. Therefore a battle is waged between my will and my digestion processes.

Calorie counting has helped ween me away from milk. I see that chocolate milk is quite hearty in caloric proportions! :laugh:
  • edg_15
    edg_15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm so with ya! I tried cutting milk but that only lasted a day. Lol! I've tried soy and almond, but nothing is as good to me as 2% milk.
  • mstephens182002
    Options
    I crave milk to. so i went to low fat milk instead. and i now cut down to one 8oz glass for breakfast and dinner. It was hard and still is, but from going from vitiman D to low fat the lowest u can go made a difference. I started by portioning first. count how many glasses you have a day cut that in half. for a week. Then the following week go down to 2% then the 3rd week low fat. then the next week cut your servings in half again. best luck..
  • Miss_Sissy
    Miss_Sissy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm so with ya! I tried cutting milk but that only lasted a day. Lol! I've tried soy and almond, but nothing is as good to me as 2% milk.

I agree with ya 150%

I usually have a craving after about 3 days with no milk. But since starting MFP and counting, I haven't had the urge for it. I did have half a glass of chocolate milk the other day and about choked when I read the calories and sugar.