Fit bit?

Options
Anyone using a fit bit along with mfp? Looking for some accountability partners! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use the charge HR I love it
  • vilenski193
    vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Is it really making a difference in your weight loss? I'm deciding if I should get one or if it is just a waste of money
  • jafranco
    jafranco Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good tool but there are many activities that you have to manually add such as biking or weight training that Fitbit does not track. Mine does not track steps that great but it is nice to have
  • jessmeyer6
    jessmeyer6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good tool. I have the HR. I am a very visual person. I like seeing where I am through the day, as far as steps, heart rate etc... I think it's a good investment!
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone.. Same concept lol
  • irishguns
    irishguns Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a flex, it only tracks my steps really. It gives me a calorie burn but I'm not 100% sure how it comes up with that. I'd love to upgrade to a charge HR but haven't yet.
  • gibbeylea
    gibbeylea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Received a Charge HR for Xmas and am loving it.
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and I really like it. I would love the hr but for now this has worked. Like others say the flex only does steps but that's OK because between the flex and mfp I can track pretty much anything.
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love the Charge HR. It motivates me to keep going.
  • destinyhope12345
    destinyhope12345 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and last year lost 30kgs wearing it and logging I stopped wearing it and gained it all back so the flex is back on
  • amber_beaney
    amber_beaney Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have the charge Hr, got it for Christmas and I'm really enjoying using it, I like the way that I can see how my heart rate changed in my workout. I find that checking it every so often motivates me to make better decisions in my daily routine which will help my weightloss. I don't think the food tracking of fit bit is as user friendly as the Mfp one, so I am using Mfp for all my food tracking still.

• lesliedias22
    lesliedias22 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Got one for xmas, so far I like it but haven't really been way into it as of yet. I have the charge HR. I can definitely appreciate the info it's been giving me so far!
  • Frelise
    Frelise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Question for you guys, does the Fitbit only work with a phone? I have an ancient computer and a Windows tablet, and I don't want to waste money on one if it won't work with any of my electronics. :neutral:
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Frelise wrote: »
    Question for you guys, does the Fitbit only work with a phone? I have an ancient computer and a Windows tablet, and I don't want to waste money on one if it won't work with any of my electronics. :neutral:

No. It works for phones, android devices and a computer. You can download the Fitbit program to your comp.
  • chelivia7
    chelivia7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've got a fitbit. The challenges help motivate me.
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit Charge HR as a present for myself in early November because of a really good checkup with the doctor. I started at 250 in early March and just hit 173.2 (healthy BMI) this weekend. The Charge HR is really motivating me to keep my step count up (over 20K steps a day this month so far). I'm going to incorporate resistance training as soon as I have recovered from an injury.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Add me!!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    In California, use a fitbit flex re-committed in 2016. Anyone can add me https://www.fitbit.com/user/3HM2T7
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is it really making a difference in your weight loss? I'm deciding if I should get one or if it is just a waste of money

It really depends on the user. Some people are motivated by more data, and for some it doesn't make any difference. I like it because I can see in black and white exactly what I'm doing.

Also: https://www.fitbit.com/user/3MZDVW
  • N0EXCUSE
    N0EXCUSE Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar A360 that logs my workouts in MFP. Feel free to add me! :)