I'm scared but determined

Options
321van
321van Posts: 8 Member
Today at night I was on YouTube and saw so many inspirational videos of women losing over 100 + pounds. That is something I would love to accomplish, I just don't know where to start. I also am scared because every time I try to lose weight I always fail.

I'm scared for myself as well. This is the heaviest I have ever been and normal activities that I would usually do now leave me out of breath. I just turned 20 last month and I need to make myself happier and healthier! I cannot live like this anymore! I want to one day have children and I'm sure with how much I weigh now it will be a danger to my child and myself! I currently think I am 300 pounds but I will update my weight as soon as I find a scale. If anyone wants to help me on my journey it would be much appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

Replies

• talismanicmagic
    talismanicmagic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of the bigger picture, set yourself mini goals to keep yourself motivated.
    I'm only really at the beginning of my journey, and have not lost as much as I would have thought, what has worked for me is working on making changes that I can 'stick' to, start slow and build yourself up.
    You are already a winner by just being here!
    You totally got this!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Would it be helpful to examine the reasons for past failures?
    Lack of variety?
    All or nothing mentality?
    Lack of non food related coping strategies?
    Lack of non food entertainment?

Personally i have never been overweight but i think i can still offer some useful advise. I think i have a lifestyle that promotes a healthy weight and maybe that s what you need to develop? Along with a healthy relationship / mindset towards food. Happy to help if youd like any advise.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Number step from here is reduce your calories. You will start losing weight immediately. There are many hurdles you are going to overcome, but the first thing first is get your food quantity in order.