does this make sense?

Options
Hey guys! I just started counting my calories and creating a deficit a week ago.
So yesterday i had a fight with my parents and was in a bad mood and didn't eat all day. Nothing at all. And at the end of the day i weighed myself and was at 78 kg, which is what i weighed the day before. And then today, i ate again (just some fruits so far) and just weighed myself and now i weigh 76 kg! Thats like 4.4 pounds in a day! Did i actually lose 4.4 pounds in just one day or has my scale gone crazy? I don't understand this lol

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You lost 4.4 lbs in one day. But you didn't lose 4.4 lbs of fat in one day. Most of the weight loss is water.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    That's within the normal range of fluctuation due to water retention, amount of food still in your system, etc.

Just keep going and watch to see if the number continues trending downward overall. Peaks and valleys are normal.
  • mifii10
    mifii10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks guys!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If you suddenly cut back, most people lose water weight at first which is also easy to gain back once you start eating again. I am glad that you had such a nice loss up front as it helps with motivation. :-)
  • njbh86
    njbh86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As a tip, weighing daily won't give you a clear picture day-to-day. Your body doesn't know what you're trying to do so it'll hold/lose water weight as per what it needs at any given time. By all means weigh as often as you personally feel the need to, but try to look at the longer term trend when attempting to observe losses/gains.

GL!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Try to weigh at the same time of day, under the same conditions, on the same scale- in the morning after you have used the toilet but before you eat or drink is a good time. You normally will weigh different amounts at different times of day.
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You'll see the scale go up and down, stay stagnate. Try not to get too hung up on the number displayed if you're weighing daily and sporadically through the day.