Breaking through the plateau

Options
Once you're almost to your end goal weight, what are some things you do to break through the plateau? Getting those last few pounds off always seems to be the hardest!

Replies

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The last 10-15 or so is definitely the hardest it seems. But (in my experience) there isn't too much you can do to speed up the process. Be sure to measure and track your intake properly and keep up with your fitness regime of you have one. Basically do what you've been doing, just be patient. The weight will come off in due time.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I have heard that a salad of shredded cucumbers and apple cider vinegar can help (strips off any retained fluids).
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you've been dieting for an extended period a diet break can be helpful. Move back to maintenance for 2 -3 weeks then restart on the appropriate deficit. The diet break helps reset metabolic function and give the body a break.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    If you've been dieting for an extended period a diet break can be helpful. Move back to maintenance for 2 -3 weeks then restart on the appropriate deficit. The diet break helps reset metabolic function and give the body a break.

I know this isn't what you meant, but this made me think, wow, I should be losing quick after the holiday "break". Haha. I'm definitely back on this journey, I've come to far to quit now. Thanks for the giggle.
  • Yogamat316
    Yogamat316 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

I know this isn't what you meant, but this made me think, wow, I should be losing quick after the holiday "break". Haha. I'm definitely back on this journey, I've come to far to quit now. Thanks for the giggle.

Me, too. Haha. I read that and thought, "Well damn, I was being smart over Xmas and didn't even realize it!" :)
  • katiemstamey
    katiemstamey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!