Morbidly obese with eating disorder

Options
Hi everyone,

First of all I want to say that I'm from Spain and my English is not as fluent as it should. Nevertheless the forums in Spanish are not half as active and dinamic as the ones in English so I decided to write here instead.

I'm a 23 year old morbidly obese with an eating disorder. My journey with my weight have been an interesting one. In 2014 I lost 143 lbs, and gained back 154 lbs in 2015. So it is clearly something wrong with me.

I binge everyday and the psychological consequences that this habit has in my life exceeds the physical ones. I have isolated myself heavily from everyone because my selfesteem is nonexistent and I dont want to be judged from people who does not have an idea of what it is to deal with this.

I realized that I cannot bear with this alone and Im not in a position to socialize in "real life". And thats where MFP comes to place. I am here to find people in a similar situation to help each other during this journey. I think it will be helpful to have someone who understands me and build some kind of community.

I do not know how to add friends here (I'm on it) so feel free to add me.

Thank you very much for your time!

Replies

• ShawnaElston
    ShawnaElston Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good morning! That is quite a story. I am sending a friend request. You can do this!
  • PrincessLaiba
    PrincessLaiba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i feel you my problem is stress eating
  • alyurete
    alyurete Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have some disordered eating qualities as well. Over this past year I've moved from clinically obese to a normal BMI, but the transition was not as healthy as it should have been. Binges and emotional eating are particularly difficult to manage, as I'm sure you know. I've added you!

At least you know that you can lose weight, since you've done it once before. Good luck!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Your English seems just fine to me :)

Well done on taking the first step by joining and posting. Even doing that can be kinda scary. I hope this is the beginning of good things for you.
  • agoffa
    agoffa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning! That is quite a story. I am sending a friend request. You can do this!

Hi! Thank you, I already accepted you, thanks for the support.
  • agoffa
    Options
    i feel you my problem is stress eating

Thank you for your reply. I have no quite identified the emotions behind my binge episodes, I am not really a stressed person, neither nervous o anxious.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Your English is way better than many so don't feel shy. I'll send you a friend request. You can do this :)
  • agoffa
    Options
    alyurete wrote: »
    I have some disordered eating qualities as well. Over this past year I've moved from clinically obese to a normal BMI, but the transition was not as healthy as it should have been. Binges and emotional eating are particularly difficult to manage, as I'm sure you know. I've added you!

At least you know that you can lose weight, since you've done it once before. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your message, It is very rewarding to hear some success stories like yours, how are you doing with maintaining the weight? You are right, I know what loosing weight is like but I am not sure this is helpful. I have lost massive amounts of weight in a number of times and I still cannot identify what the "aha" moment was or what it was that caused me to change. Also, when you gain back even more massive amounts of weight so many times you start to think if it is really something to do about it, or you're simple determined to live with it. But I refuse to even consider that deterministic idea and I will fight to be healthy, no matter what.
    Your English seems just fine to me :)

Well done on taking the first step by joining and posting. Even doing that can be kinda scary. I hope this is the beginning of good things for you.

Thank you, I learned a little bit of English through YouTube and some websites so don't be to hard on me :)!

The true is that exposing myself like that is not easy but I'm sure it will be worth it.
  • agoffa
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    I can TOTALLY relate, and I understand. Same situation for me.

It feels great (although I would prefer that no one has to go through this) to know that there are more people in the same situation, and being understood. I hope we can share our experiences and help each other.