Need a little help here

Options
Hi, I'm new to fitness pal. I do a weight class twice weekly. I can find nothing like this under the exercise data base. It is a good class, pretty effective light weights and a ton or reps+Plank+pushups+lunges... you get the picture. I want to enter it under weight training but need some guidance.

Replies

• HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have taken some time off from dieting, exercising, etc., and have paid the price. I am getting my act back together starting today.

But, when I do planks, pushups, etc. I log them under weight training. I also put any weight training, deadlifts, weighted lunges, barbell squats, etc., under weight training. But, I also but a entry under exercise called NROLFW and record the # of minutes I spent doing the weight training and an approximate calorie burn (using the NROLFW calculations), to give myself the credit for the calories.
  • drdocument
    drdocument Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My workout consists of 25 minutes of cardio on elliptical followed by about 20 minutes of weight training and other exercises. Before I reached my weight loss goal, I counted the about half the 20 minutes of weight/exercise as cardio, being sure to keep my heart rate up by limiting rest between sets and exercises to less than 1-1/2 minutes.
  • 5992sdj
    5992sdj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks booth of you for your input, I will check out the weight training to see if this comes up. Our heart rate up during a good portion of this class so it could also be considered cardio.