Eggs?

Options
Can I eat eggs for breakfast everyday? I bought some eggs but forgot that I had already bought some. Now I have 36 eggs sitting in my fridge lol

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    3 to 5 weeks. This is how long they stay in your fridge. You have a large family (you are buying more than a dozen at a time). Enjoy a daily egg.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Eating eggs every day is unlikely to harm you. Eggs have a pretty long shelf life if properly stored.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've been eating eggs morning and afternoons as a snack for years and I'm very healthy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating eggs every day unless your Doctor tells you that you have a medical reason not to.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 hard cooked eggs almost every night as a bedtime snack. Weight is going down as is my bad cholesterol number (triglycerides have always been good). Yes, I cook up a dozen at a time and store them in the fridge in an airtight container. They keep well.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat a 2-egg omelet most days and am fine.
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yes. I eat 2-4 eggs a day lol
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, preferably in between two slices of bread with mayo and cheese. Bacon if you are feeling froggy...
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    Can I eat eggs for breakfast everyday? I bought some eggs but forgot that I had already bought some. Now I have 36 eggs sitting in my fridge lol

I don't know, can you? I eat an egg or two most every day.

There is nothing wrong with eggs or most any other food, the trick to losing weight is to eat less than you burn.
  • swissmiss431
    swissmiss431 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about the fat or cholesterol hard boil the eggs and eat only the whites.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    I lost the most of the weight while eating eggs pretty much daily. They keep me full, they taste great, and you can do all sorts of things with them. I should also mention all my health markers got better while doing so.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love eggs so I would say YES! And there is so many ways you can prepare them so enjoy :)
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have two boxes of 60 at home. 6 a day hasn't killed me. Plus a brilliant and easy source of protein.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Frittata time! That uses 12 eggs and food for a week! I eat generally 1 to 2 dozen a week four egg omeletes are my fave.
  • FREEZE451
    FREEZE451 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 eggs every morning :)
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I eat between 6 and 9 eggs most days. I throw away a lot of the yolks, though, maybe 1-3 whole eggs and the rest just the whites. Good cheap source of protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs pretty much every day. If you're worried about dietary cholesterol, don't be...the FDA is in process of eliminating dietary cholesterol as a concern on nutritional labels due to the fact that it isn't a concern...dietary cholesterol has little to no bearing on blood serum levels. Beyond that, the yolks are packed with nutrition...no biggie to bulk up your portions with some egg whites, but don't skip the yolks...that's where the actual nutrition is.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about the fat or cholesterol hard boil the eggs and eat only the whites.

And lose the most nutritious part? No way. Eat 'em and enjoy. :smile:
  • puddintot
    puddintot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Look up angel food cake recipes. My family has chickens and can get 2 dozen eggs a day, this is how mom always used them up.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I am not a medical professional, but I believe everyone should eat eggs every day. I kid.

I go through stints where I eat multiple eggs per day. Hasn't harmed me yet!