Replies

• lnrussell195
    lnrussell195 Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    It works well for me, i find it so easy and can if i want eat loads. You're right, i have terrible arthritis so have lots of aches and pains usually, but eating so much of the right stuff makes me feel so much better...and of course so does the weight loss, my poor achy knees :)
    It helped my arthritis too!! I I know so many people that this type of diet affected then so positively. It's a shame everyone is so negative on here.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is horrible, why cant people be nice and encouraging with helpful advice if they think something may not be healthy, instead of just knocking somebody down ?
    Exactly the reason i stopped using these forums 3 years ago :(
  • Ressie1
    Ressie1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the weight loss. Clearly you weren't starving yourself so what's the problem? I don't know why people just can't congratulate people. Everyone has their own ways of losing weight. What might work for some may not work for others. Keep up the good work. Don't let what anyone says discourage your journey. :p
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The juicing helped reduce cravings and gave me tons of minerals and vitamins I needed. I ate meals 1-2 times a day. Just no bread products or butter.

You wrote:
    First I juiced. No yogurt, just ice,veggies, and fruit. ex: wheat grass, spinach, Apple. Replace 2 meals a day.
    I eat like that now to maintain weight. However went from 2x to small in 3 months. It was necessary.

Regardless, again, I do wish you the best in keeping up your current way of eating indefinitely. Because unless you take the time to learn otherwise, that is how long you will need to eat as you are now to maintain your loss.

I know when a human body is healthy. Especially if it is my own.

This does not answer the question I asked. Perhaps it was meant for the other poster you've been responding to?

• _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Active lifestyle, and healthy eating is super unhealthy? I couldn't help I lost weight that fast. I'm in school to be a doctor. Nothing I did was wrong.

To go from a 2X to a size small in 3 months, you would've had to have been vastly undereating. VLCDs (very low calorie diets) are not permitted to be promoted in these forums. You absolutely could help what how fast you lost by eating more, that was totally within your control.

Because of Fat Availability, it is very easy to lose weight/fat when you start out very overweight. Now that you are at a healthy size you will have to tweak your calories to find your maintenance and also up your protein to spare muscle since you have far less fat available. Well done, don't let anyone make you feel guilty about eating low calories. I have read studies about folks eating as little as 800 calories a day for up to 12 weeks with no ill effects. Instead of people lashing out at you in regards to your success, perhaps a more constructive approach would work better?
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Ressie1 wrote: »
    Awesome job on the weight loss. Clearly you weren't starving yourself so what's the problem? I don't know why people just can't congratulate people. Everyone has their own ways of losing weight. What might work for some may not work for others. Keep up the good work. Don't let what anyone says discourage your journey. :p

+1
  • faridasultan282
    faridasultan282 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Woow great job dear .. keep it up :)
  • LifeLived
    LifeLived Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • venusjames1992
    venusjames1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss. And don't worry about the haters. It's shameful how people can be so negative and condescending instead of being supportive of others in their journey. I thought that was the point of these forums.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    This is confusing...in your other thread you say how unhappy you are with your body despite your weight loss, because of all the excess skin and that you'll never be happy with your body. But here you're advocating that same method of weight loss - cutting out a lot of foods and losing rapidly.
    You've lost an incredible amount of weight but the result doesn't seem to have made you very happy.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    3 months=13 weeks.

Average weight lost per a week=3.8 lbs

This is an unhealthy way to lose weight. I'm not a hater I just want other who read this is not in line with MFP or medical advice for most people.
  • Nuke_64
    Options
    If your other post, you claim you went from 222 to 155 (67 lbs) and have gained back "20lbs and all cellulite."

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10306902/222-down-to-155

I wish you the best but you have a yo yo approach to your eating and exercise and that is is not healthy.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just thinking of no butter or bread makes me sad. Weight loss is possible without depriving yourself. Sounds like a VLCD to me. No thanks.
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The OP doesn't list her height or starting weight, but at a starting size of 2XL, 3.8lbs per week is a bit high but within normal loss for her activity level. When I was a 2XL a year ago I lost 2.5-3 lbs a week for several months with no added exercise at all, and I'm more than twice her age. At that size, numbers drop fast.

OP: That's a good sprint and well done. The trick now will be to find a healthy balance so it stays off. You can sprint through loss but maintenance is a marathon. Start using those calorie counting tools. You don't want to end up as another yo-yo.
  • Nuke_64
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    The OP doesn't list her height or starting weight, but at a starting size of 2XL, 3.8lbs per week is a bit high but within normal loss for her activity level

I agree for the first part of her weight loss, maybe the first 20lbs. What she said she did is replace meals with juicing and work out a lot. That likely means her daily net calories was severely low throughout her weight. She has now stopped working out for four months and ate whatever she wanted over the holidays and has put on 20 lbs.
  • lnrussell195
    Options
    I eat what I want now in moderation. Honestly, bread makes my body ache so I don't eat it much. This diet helped me lose tatse for breads and sugary food. I enjoy nature's sugar in fruit. My palate is more refined and I eat a wide variety of healthy foods.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Typical MFP, all the reasonable responses are getting flagged, because you know, they're just all haters. So negative and condescending.

Seriously OP, good luck on your medical doctorate. You have a lot to learn.
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You did great. Well done.
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    Active lifestyle, and healthy eating is super unhealthy? I couldn't help I lost weight that fast. I'm in school to be a doctor. Nothing I did was wrong.

To go from a 2X to a size small in 3 months, you would've had to have been vastly undereating. VLCDs (very low calorie diets) are not permitted to be promoted in these forums. You absolutely could help what how fast you lost by eating more, that was totally within your control.

Because of Fat Availability, it is very easy to lose weight/fat when you start out very overweight. Now that you are at a healthy size you will have to tweak your calories to find your maintenance and also up your protein to spare muscle since you have far less fat available. Well done, don't let anyone make you feel guilty about eating low calories. I have read studies about folks eating as little as 800 calories a day for up to 12 weeks with no ill effects. Instead of people lashing out at you in regards to your success, perhaps a more constructive approach would work better?

I agree with this - great post. And - low calorie diet probably had more nutritional value than the original higher calorie diet. There seems to be a lot of black and white thought processes here on calories. I think there is a lot of grey area there. How much body fat the person is carrying, how much/what exercise the person is doing, the macros that make up the calories...etc..etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!