Best Places to Purchase Workout Clothes? *PLUS SIZE*

Options
2»

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I just had to chime in, although it will not answer the question at all. The only workout clothes that I have bought so far are sports bras. I workout at home, so I am in sports bra and panties. I have not gotten the courage up to go to a gym or out in public yet to workout, yet
  • ciaralizabeth
    ciaralizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a wide selection of active wear. Walmart also has a decent selection of plus size active wear.
  • erinnboberinn
    erinnboberinn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Where has everyone found the best places to find PLUS SIZE 2x-3x workout clothes for a decent price? I don't want to spend too much since when I lose then i'll need better fitting as times goes on. Or does anyone sell theirs that no longer fit from here? Thank you

I LOVE JCPenny, Target and Old Navy for active wear. My only complaint about the Penny's stuff is that if you wear it out, it doesn't always keep it's elasticity (talking mostly pants here)
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I agree, Danskin for the absolute win. I've had some of their pants for years, meaning they held on for some serious waistline fluxes and lived to tell the tale.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there - don't let it stop you from working out if you don't have the right gear. I had limited time so I threw in a workout video and did it in my jeans and tshirt. That said, to answer your question, Old Navy has awesome workout gear in all sizes!
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Thrift stores. Goodwill, Salvation Army, St. Vincent's ...
    Garage sales.

^^This

Luckily I have several Goodwill stores nearby, and they even have 50% off days!!

I did buy a couple pairs of the under armour compression shorts in XL from Amazon, which fit me when I was a US 18. They are really nice to avoid the dreaded chaffing!!
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wherever you end up shopping, don't buy anything expensive. If/when you're successful you'll size out of them in a couple of months, so buy cheap.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    TK Maxx for me.
  • glasspumpkin
    glasspumpkin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy (they often have sales / coupon codes) workout clothes, and recently purchased pants and a workout bra from Rainbeau (http://www.rainbeau.com/) that I'm obsessed with!