Any other women hate having periods

Replies

• pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    I need birth control for acne. I am not going to cut that out. And mine doesn't get rid of my period. It protects me from getting knocked up. My doctor told me to take birth control for safety and acne.

And no birth control protects you from pregnancy and can help clear acne. I don't know any woman who loses their period from it

Right, but again, I am not suggesting you cut OUT your birth control. Literally the opposite. No one wants you to get acne or babies! :smile:

What is your pill pack like? Are you on a 21-day active pill pack with a 7-day placebo, or a 24-day active pill pack with a 4-day placebo?
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I need birth control for acne. I am not going to cut that out. And mine doesn't get rid of my period. It protects me from getting knocked up. My doctor told me to take birth control for safety and acne.

And no birth control protects you from pregnancy and can help clear acne. I don't know any woman who loses their period from it

Um..you aren't aware that there are some BCs that allow you not to get your period, or to only have it a few times per year?

I don't have that birth control that's what I'm saying. My doctor didn't prescribe me with that.
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    I don't know a single person who doesn't hate it. I know women who use medication to avoid it. I know women who can't wait until menopause. Perhaps some women welcome it just for the reassurance that they are not pregnant, but the relief is gone by the second trip to the bathroom.
    I am the only one who loves it. First of all, I am terrified of getting pregnant right now because of many reasons - I have a baby, I have medical conditions that need to be taken care of if I want safe pregnancy, and I am starting a job in an environment that's not safe for pregnant women. Let alone I'm obese and prone to diabetes right now.
    But I also love it because I lose a few pounds when it comes and I have trained my willpower to ignore cravings. My period is the most celebrated thing that happens to me.
    I have tried the pill and it didn't have a very good effect on me because when I don't get a period I go completely crazy.
  • MissLincolnTaylor
    MissLincolnTaylor Posts: 66 Member
    I wish i was having periods 127 day cycle and im not even pregnant :'(

You want mine....here take it. I hate having an appetite

Yes please... Im such a hormonal *kitten* right now and i lose my appetite when im on so could really do with it right now.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94

Right, but again, I am not suggesting you cut OUT your birth control. Literally the opposite. No one wants you to get acne or babies! :smile:

What is your pill pack like? Are you on a 21-day active pill pack with a 7-day placebo, or a 24-day active pill pack with a 4-day placebo?

28 day pack
  • pwrlipstick

Um..you aren't aware that there are some BCs that allow you not to get your period, or to only have it a few times per year?

I don't have that birth control that's what I'm saying. My doctor didn't prescribe me with that.

What kind of OC did your dr. prescribe you, because I am a sex educator and I can guarantee you that there is an ability to skip your period on pretty much any OC.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member

What's wrong with an appetite. Cave in for a day if you have to and get back on the bandwagon. Be glad you have your period. Some women looks around corners for theirs.
  • pwrlipstick

28 day pack

Oh okay great! Now we're getting somewhere.

So instead of taking the 4 placebos, just skip those and go straight onto the next pack. Voila, no period.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    MVY_ wrote: »

What's wrong with an appetite. Cave in for a day if you have to and get back on the bandwagon. Be glad you have your period. Some women looks around corners for theirs.

I don't know. I just hate having an appetite. My period makes me want to rip my vagina right out

• Beautiful_Warrior94

28 day pack

So instead of taking the 4 placebos, just skip those and go straight onto the next pack. Voila, no period.

Wait what? So switch the times I take the pill? I don't understand
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    You know, I take my statement back. For as painful as my period is physically and mentally, I'm 30 and no where near marriage or being close to having kids. So I'm thankful for it.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    edited January 2016

I am shocked and dismayed that you are legally an adult and you have so little knowledge of your own health and body.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I love having my period. It's the best. Bleeding and having cravings that make it hard to stay in my calorie limit are so much fun. Oh, and cramps are the best part!
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Hateeeeee it. Hate the fact it means I'm bloated for ~half of the month and PMS puts me in a pretty bad mental place.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member

28 day pack

Wait what? So switch the times I take the pill? I don't understand

She is saying that if you do not take the placebo pills and just take the active pills, you will not get your period.

I don't mean any offense, but it seems you have a lot to learn about birth control. Maybe schedule some time with your gyn to talk about it and get their opinion/advice on what is best for you.
  • pwrlipstick
    Nope. I'll break it down further for you!

So, you take 24 pills right? And then there are 4 placebo pills right?

Instead of taking the last 4 pills, you just move straight onto the next pack. So let's say the you take pill no. 24. Instead of taking pill no. 25 (the first placebo) when it's time to take your OC the next time, you instead take pill no. 1 of the next pack.

Is that making a little more sense?
  • jillmcafee
    jillmcafee Posts: 34 Member
    Yes. It makes me want to shower seven times a day. Plus sometimes I get migraines.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited January 2016
    You know, I take my statement back. For as painful as my period is physically and mentally, I'm 30 and no where near marriage or being close to having kids. So I'm thankful for it.

Ditto. Except older.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Nope. The only thing that's different when I'm on my period is that I have to hide a tampon in my clothes when I go to the bathroom at work. And no sex for 5 days, but that's a personal choice. Otherwise, I hardly notice it.

I've been lucky enough to not have bad cramps, cravings, mood swings, etc. No more so than any other time of month, anyway.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    mkakids wrote: »
    Anyone not hate it?! Lol. Im guessing most of us dislike it.

Sure. Me, for example. Why would I? It's a normal biological function of my body and I don't possess any health/anatomical based/medical conditions related to either my reproductive tract or menstruation which would cause me to feel otherwise. So for me it'd be the same as saying I "hate" urinating. Or defecating. Or sneezing. *shrug*

I do, however, detest the ParaGard IUD since it causes horrible cramping and increased bleeding that does not necessarily resolve with time. Plus, for some unlucky women, it causes chronic BV. I also detest oral contraceptive since the venous thrombotic risk for those over 35 thing is real and, from personal experience, sucks eggs. /: