Bok choy

Options
treehopper1987
treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
Hit me up with some of your favorite bok choy recipes. Tia!

Replies

• rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Super easy... Slice into long strips. Pan fry in sesame oil, a little fresh minced ginger and a little Japanese style soy sauce. Cook just until green parts wilt and white parts are hot. I have this dish twice a week!

I like the baby boks the best!

Bon appetit!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If mature, I like it best in a stir fry or salad.

For baby bok choy, I like to steam or roast it and drizzle with soy sauce, sesame oil and top with slivered almonds.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So good.
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463848164122/

I had no idea that fresh teriyaki could taste so good.
  • KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Does anyone have any other dishes?
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to add mine to soup!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One of my husbands favourites is fragrant pork and aubergine.

Slice one aubergine into half-rounds, and fry them in a wok in a table spoon of oil and a splash of water until soft. Remove and leave to drain on a paper towel.

In the wok, fry some low-fat minced pork. Add back in the aubergines, and some chopped pak choi. Flavour with 1 tsp chillies, and 1 tsp chili bean sauce. Add some chicken stock and simmer until everything is cooked and well flavoured. Stir in a little cornflour or arrowroot if you like a thicker sauce, and top with chopped spring (green) onions.

• Annieway987
    Annieway987 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Last time I cooked baby bok choy, I grilled them whole. I had the grill going for some fish anyway and I just brushed the baby bok choys with some olive oil and put them on the grill until they started to caramelize and wilt. Served them to my whole family (8 people, most visiting for the holidays) and everyone loved them.