Where my fat geeks at??

Options

Replies

• beckygammon
    beckygammon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Geeky and nerdy and definitely fat! Time to get rid of that last part. Started last year but I'm still on this journey.
  • ljo239
    ljo239 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WyldRoots wrote: »
    117df78b2e3676b8167f639b4ac9f750fb88dab2395ed2053438aaabef86adba.jpg

Ha ha... Great caption... But Captain Planet was just so bad!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    ljo239 wrote: »

Have a look at the kids from The Magic Scoolbus. It's the same looking kids that end up with Captain Planet. Hahaha
  • tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Always the geek, but hopefully will loose the fat! :)
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DoctahJenn wrote: »
    Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who_zps69206d82.gif

tumblr_nhga7efRbV1qicb4bo1_500.gif

The feels! Oh god the feels! They burn! He really was the best doctor of them all.

Also yeah, add me. As far as geeks go, I'm pretty mainstream. Love Sci Fi, but so little time to watch them all. Also studying computer science, wanting to work in information security.
  • ljo239
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

Have a look at the kids from The Magic Scoolbus. It's the same looking kids that end up with Captain Planet. Hahaha

That is crazy! Miss Frizzle really hooked those kids up.
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much of a geek I am but surely have my nerd moments... lol funny post, let's support each other best wishes
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    Options
    Hopefully the geeks will inherit the world.. not envelop it!
  • kplace0890
    kplace0890 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    <- Total geek, add me to the awesome geek party =P
  • ActuallyMel
    ActuallyMel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me to the Geek Party too!
    I will, eventually, be joining the Fit Geeks and shedding the fat label. But My Geek Flag will always fly.
  • WyldRoots
    WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

That's funny - I noticed that as well ^_^

..And ljo239, Captain Planet rocked! As kids, my girlfriends and I would wear our different coloured dentist rings, and pretend we had the associated powers B) We were pretty cool. So cool, that the average cool kids couldn't even fathom our coolness.
  • ljo239
    Options

..And ljo239, Captain Planet rocked! As kids, my girlfriends and I would wear our different coloured dentist rings, and pretend we had the associated powers B) We were pretty cool. So cool, that the average cool kids couldn't even fathom our coolness.[/quote]

I have to say Wyld, I've never heard of anyone playing Captain Planet before! I played GI Joe and Transformers... I knew kids that were Jem and Josie and the Pussycats... But Captain Planet is first! Future ecowarriors. No doubt I was below average in the cool department.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    ..And ljo239, Captain Planet rocked! As kids, my girlfriends and I would wear our different coloured dentist rings, and pretend we had the associated powers B) We were pretty cool. So cool, that the average cool kids couldn't even fathom our coolness.

I have to say Wyld, I've never heard of anyone playing Captain Planet before! I played GI Joe and Transformers... I knew kids that were Jem and Josie and the Pussycats... But Captain Planet is first! Future ecowarriors. No doubt I was below average in the cool department. [/quote]

I used to pretend my barbies were ghostbusters. I drew up a picture of slimer and stuck it to their car with Chapstick.
  • JayDubzz
    JayDubzz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A lot of these posts made me LOL IRL...I am kind of an undercover geek but some things you just can't hide
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fat geek, you say? Willow Rosenberg is my spirit animal, and I am a proud member of many a geeky fandom :smiley:

Would I be surpassing the required geek level if I admitted that one of the reasons that I want to get unfat is so that I can start LARPing? I already have some awesome friends online that LARP, and keep inviting me to their events, but I can't right now as I'm so unfit and unhealthy (and doubt I would be able to buy kit in my size) They say they don't care, but I do. I wanna kick some butt when I go, not sit on the sidelines.

Feel free to add me, fellow geeks :)
  • WyldRoots
    Options
    ..and doubt I would be able to buy kit in my size) They say they don't care, but I do. I wanna kick some butt when I go, not sit on the sidelines.

Buy kit?? Oh no, you ~make~ your kit! B) I'm not a larper, but I am marginally involved with the SCA - used to be more involved when my boys were super pumped about fighting.
  • WyldRoots
    Options
    Willow Rosenberg is my spirit animal...
    Oh Willow, *sigh* Soo many girl crushes. <3

TaraWillowHoldingHands.gif
  • Walkingoffthelbs
    Walkingoffthelbs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Especially according to my kids...always a Geek! Add away :)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Geek here! Gamer, Doctor Who lover, anime obsessed! Mass Effect literally changed my life. I know look up and wonder when we will find the Mass Relays. lol I was a Hogwarts Student for Halloween and made my own wand and stole my daughter's owl.

PhotoGrid_1446211410429_zpsiydfrczk.jpg