Trouble loosing weight

I currently weigh 139.2. I'm allowed 1,300 calories per day and usually end up at 1,200-1,270 per day. I do 30 min of cardio per day at lunch (elliptical) along with some walking and started light weights this past week. My steps are always above 10,000 and usually close to 20,000. We keep track of food portion size and making healthy choices. I'm only trying to loose 10 more lbs but seem to be stuck the last few weeks at 139. Any suggestions? Getting frustrated!

Replies

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    You need to open your diary to the public. Otherwise the response will be the generic:

1. You're eating to much
    2. You need to improve your logging
    3. You're overestimating calories burned during exercise
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Are you using a digital food scale?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    You need to open your diary to the public. Otherwise the response will be the generic:

1. You're eating to much
    2. You need to improve your logging
    3. You're overestimating calories burned during exercise

all of that and with only 10 pounds to lose, you should be targeting .5 lbs/ week.
  • hybridangel
    hybridangel Posts: 25 Member
    The less weight you have to loose the harder it becomes as the body does need some fat. Also. As muscle weighs more than fat have you considered that you may have more muscle. Thats a good thing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    The less weight you have to loose the harder it becomes as the body does need some fat. Also. As muscle weighs more than fat have you considered that you may have more muscle. Thats a good thing.

shes not gaining muscle on 1300 calories a day and 30 minutes of cardio lol

she is however, probably not logging her food correctly and eating more than she thinks she is;)
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member

Please tell me how 1lb of muscle weighs more than 1lb of fat?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member

shes not gaining muscle on 1300 calories a day and 30 minutes of cardio lol

she is however, probably not logging her food correctly and eating more than she thinks she is;)

+1
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member

That's not what she said. We can assume she's talking about the same volume of fat and muscle. If I said concrete weighs more than water, then nobody would say I'm trying to argue that 1 pound of concrete weighs more than 1 pound of water.

That being said, as already stated by somebody above, the person likely isn't gaining muscle mass if they are on a consistent calorie deficit.
  • Jeris88
    Jeris88 Posts: 3 Member
    I do use a digital food scale and measure the rest and log everything I eat. I guarantee I'm not eating more than I'm logging.

• ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Jeris88 wrote: »
    I do use a digital food scale and measure the rest and log everything I eat. I guarantee I'm not eating more than I'm logging.

Height/sex/age? How many weeks have you been eating 1270 a day? What's your weekly average? How much have you lost per week so far? When you don't "usually" end up at 1270, do you go over? How often?
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Most likely you are not eating enough. You need to set your weekly loss goal at 0.5lbs per week as the less you have to lose, the smaller weekly losses you should be aiming for.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Most likely you are not eating enough. You need to set your weekly loss goal at 0.5lbs per week as the less you have to lose, the smaller weekly losses you should be aiming for.

If she weren't eating enough, she'd be losing

OP, can you open your diary?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    You also need to make sure that you are using the correct food entries. I've seen some be off by a few calories and I've seen some be off by a few hundred calories. Go into the announcements on this forum and read the Logging Accurately thread.
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    ModernRock wrote: »

That's not what she said. We can assume she's talking about the same volume of fat and muscle. If I said concrete weighs more than water, then nobody would say I'm trying to argue that 1 pound of concrete weighs more than 1 pound of water.

Thank you! I can't stand when people use the "muscle doesn't weight more than fat" line and think they're so smart. It's even worse than people who pick on grammar all the time.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

Height/sex/age? How many weeks have you been eating 1270 a day? What's your weekly average? How much have you lost per week so far? When you don't "usually" end up at 1270, do you go over? How often?

These are all important questions that need to be answered before advice can be given. As pointed out it would also be helpful if you opened your diary.

The only other question I'd add is do you also calculate and eat back your exercise calories? If so, you're possibly over estimating your exercise calorie burn (and thus, eating back too many).
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    I weigh the same, your calorie intake seems low. Not eating enough can have a negative affect on your goals. Hard to give better advice though with the information provided.
  • Jeris88
    Jeris88 Posts: 3 Member

These are all important questions that need to be answered before advice can be given. As pointed out it would also be helpful if you opened your diary.

The only other question I'd add is do you also calculate and eat back your exercise calories? If so, you're possibly over estimating your exercise calorie burn (and thus, eating back too many).

5'4/5" female and 40 years old. I started at 152 lbs back in late October / early November. I use to use my net diary and recently switched to this program so I do t have a lot of info logged into it.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

5'4/5" female and 40 years old. I started at 152 lbs back in late October / early November. I use to use my net diary and recently switched to this program so I do t have a lot of info logged into it.

How long have you been stuck at 139?

You've lost 13 lbs in roughly 2-2.5 months, so it sounds like you're doing just fine.
  • hollynurse803
    hollynurse803 Posts: 11 Member
    I currently weigh 139.2. I'm allowed 1,300 calories per day and usually end up at 1,200-1,270 per day. I do 30 min of cardio per day at lunch (elliptical) along with some walking and started light weights this past week. My steps are always above 10,000 and usually close to 20,000. We keep track of food portion size and making healthy choices. I'm only trying to loose 10 more lbs but seem to be stuck the last few weeks at 139. Any suggestions? Getting frustrated!

switch up your work out routines.... our bodies get smart and throwing something new into the usual helps to step things up.
  • sshammond598
    sshammond598 Posts: 13 Member
    Keep working hard!