New to the community- From the UK

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm not new to the myfitnesspal app, but I am new to the community! (no idea what i'm doing haha)
Basically I just want to get really serious with my weight loss starting now, and I would love to have some friends on myfitnesspal to help me along the way and stuff!
I need to lose like 30lbs ideally.
If you're from the uk that's great too!

Replies

• dleivis87
    dleivis87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great app! Feel free to add me !
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 30lb too (2 stone really!) Add me. Also in the UK so you might find my diary useful - mainly shop in Tesco, sometimes morrisons or Asda and very rarely Waitrose (in my defence it's the closest to my house!).
  • sianeve1
    sianeve1 Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    dleiviska wrote: »
    Welcome! This is a great app! Feel free to add me !
    I want to lose about 30lb too (2 stone really!) Add me. Also in the UK so you might find my diary useful - mainly shop in Tesco, sometimes morrisons or Asda and very rarely Waitrose (in my defence it's the closest to my house!).

awesome! thanks guys i'll add you now :) And yeah megomerrett, I mainly shop in Asda as it's the closest walk! that's super helpful :)
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here are some tips to help you get started:

- Buy a food scale and use it religiously! You need to know exactly how much you're putting in your body. If you "guesstimate" you will be wrong 100% of the time.
    - Log everything you eat. Don't get in the mindset that you can only log sometimes. You need to have a history of what you eat to help you know what your triggers may be, know what you are lacking, etc.
    - Don't give up just because you go over. Make up for it during the week or just take it as a lesson and move on. Bumps in the road will happen, this is not a straight line
    - You are accountable for you. Everyone here can push you, but if you aren't honest with yourself, it won't matter what anyone else does.
    - PERSONALLY: Calories In vs Calories Out (CICO) is the way to lose weight. Anyone who says you HAVE to eat clean, low carb, keto, etc. are fooling you. While they may lose weight faster, it is not something you can normally stick with. Science has proven that CICO is how you lose or gain weight. So eat that pizza, eat that burger, don't force yourself to have salad every single day. Eat the way you want to live your life, just learn to do it in moderation.

Good luck to you and add me if you like (as well as anyone else)
  • sianeve1
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Here are some tips to help you get started:

- Buy a food scale and use it religiously! You need to know exactly how much you're putting in your body. If you "guesstimate" you will be wrong 100% of the time.
    - Log everything you eat. Don't get in the mindset that you can only log sometimes. You need to have a history of what you eat to help you know what your triggers may be, know what you are lacking, etc.
    - Don't give up just because you go over. Make up for it during the week or just take it as a lesson and move on. Bumps in the road will happen, this is not a straight line
    - You are accountable for you. Everyone here can push you, but if you aren't honest with yourself, it won't matter what anyone else does.
    - PERSONALLY: Calories In vs Calories Out (CICO) is the way to lose weight. Anyone who says you HAVE to eat clean, low carb, keto, etc. are fooling you. While they may lose weight faster, it is not something you can normally stick with. Science has proven that CICO is how you lose or gain weight. So eat that pizza, eat that burger, don't force yourself to have salad every single day. Eat the way you want to live your life, just learn to do it in moderation.

Good luck to you and add me if you like (as well as anyone else)

Thank you! I do have a tendency to eat little bits and pieces and forget to log them, which probably add up! Also need to invest in my own scale and I keep stealing my flatmates haha, thank you for the tips! I will add you ^^
  • HL9699
    HL9699 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone, in from the uk. Please feel free to add me. I'm working hard to loss a stone for my holiday in May
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Robert Dyas is your friend for scales, got mine from there for about a tenner or so, haven't had any issues with it in 7 years and only had to change the batteries once.
  • emily5353
    emily5353 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends! I'm not new to the app, but new to the community.
    You are stunning btw :)!
  • sianeve1
    Options
    HL9699 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone, in from the uk. Please feel free to add me. I'm working hard to loss a stone for my holiday in May

will add you now! :)
    ransaka wrote: »
    Robert Dyas is your friend for scales, got mine from there for about a tenner or so, haven't had any issues with it in 7 years and only had to change the batteries once.

7 years?! haha that's so good, thank you!
    emily5353 wrote: »
    Let's be friends! I'm not new to the app, but new to the community.
    You are stunning btw :)!

yayy adding you now :) and awww haha thank you T_T you are too!!
  • Back4Good2016
    Back4Good2016 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Essex! Feel free to add me! :-)