Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• AndreaBG
    AndreaBG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I'm in. My goal for this week is staying under my calories for the day.
  • JennyLynnMSO
    JennyLynnMSO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oooh oooh me too! Thank you for hosting this thread, mtjohnston, and for the encouragement. Your enthusiasm--all your enthusiasm--is infectious. I love the three goals for three weeks specificity. Here are mine:

1. Log every day for three weeks, even--especially--the bad days.
    2. Maintain an end-of-day routine that includes completing that day's food journal, planning the next day's meals, making and/or packing the next day's meals, and setting some small goals for the coming day.
    3. Only eat the food I bring with me to work while at work. (I'm a pastry chef. Absent-mindedly nibbling on the treats I'm making is a habit I would very much like to break.)

Three weeks! We can do anything for three weeks. Small, achievable goals. Let's go.
  • BaTman4EVer717
    BaTman4EVer717 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in. I need some motivation support! This would be a jump boost to my goals.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Got back last night from vacation to our son's in PA. Great visit with him and his boys who are 2 and 5. Ate and drank way too much.

Back to logging and exercising today.

Weighed in at 122 this morning. Up 3 lbs from goal weight. I have 12 days before we leave for our 12 day Florida vacation.

But my goals for these 12 days are:

1. Log all my food
    2. NO alcohol
    3. Get in my 10,000 steps daily

My walking will have to be at the Y today because it is really cold here in NC today.

Good luck to all.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Monday was awesome! Early morning fitness class, lunchtime snorkel and evening bjj. Lunch with friends when I chose salad instead of fries and didn't eat the bun with the burger.
    Tuesday is going great as well. Morning fitness class was brilliant and this evening I have judo. Met a friend for lunch which was planned as a treat meal so was a bit over what I normally have. That puts me over my calorie goal for the day (I work TDEE, so never eat exercise calls back) but I consider that acceptable on planned treat days.
    Today marks a year since I first started training at my MMA gym. In that time I have lost over 20 kgs (which means I am now within the weight category I need to be for competition next month!) but I have achieved so much more than that. I am so grateful to my fitness tribe who have all helped me get to where I am and looking forward to the amazing year ahead of us!
  • Martin2028
    Martin2028 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This thread is the perfect accountability for me! I am a chronic "starter-stopper". Every time I log, I have fantastic results! Unfortunately, I do not have the "stick-to-it-iveness" I need!
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day 2! Get after it y'all!

And welcome to new folks!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was a great day for me. I was down 2 pounds since the New Year, I hit 10,000 steps, did 4 hours of house cleaning, (I have a big hundred year old house), and though I had a soda and too much chocolate I still stayed within my calorie goals.

Today will be a rest day, as I had feared I over did it yesterday. So no run and probably no walk either, I do have a baby to watch so my arms will not get a much needed break.

Have a great Day 2 everyone!
  • Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OH--just found you! I really appreciated your 3 day sprint to the New Year, so I'd love to join this 3 week one! K eep them coming--shorter goals seem more manageable! Thank you--on to 30 lbs gone and, more importantly, a fitter bod!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    OH--just found you! I really appreciated your 3 day sprint to the New Year, so I'd love to join this 3 week one! K eep them coming--shorter goals seem more manageable! Thank you--on to 30 lbs gone and, more importantly, a fitter bod!

And a better feeling you!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Martin2028 wrote: »
    I'm in! This thread is the perfect accountability for me! I am a chronic "starter-stopper". Every time I log, I have fantastic results! Unfortunately, I do not have the "stick-to-it-iveness" I need!

Hopefully this challenge will help you find it!
  • forrugby
    forrugby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So many people make an open-ended New Year's resolution to "lose weight," or "be healthy."

But, let's be honest, those goals are so non-specific that hardly anyone sticks to them!

But 3 weeks with a specific result, we can stick to that!

Join me! I am committing to 3 straight weeks of logging in My Fitness Pal and hitting my goal. And exercising at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes.

The best way to change your life is one little goal at a time! Let's do it together! Who's with me?

• forrugby
    forrugby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    One daily goal for three weeks: stay within my calorie limit.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Okay. Day 2 done. Finished under my calories...but only by a few. I also drank my 100 oz of water. Tomorrow will be a workout day. Woo hoo!!!!!!
  • rubystarstone2015
    Options
    Hi all, I have been away for a while but would love some new MFP friends to help keep me motivated. Feel free to add me! Day 2 is in the books.... good luck all!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Love it everyone!!! One day at a time to feel the way you deserve to feel. Bravo.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Log all my good - check. Stayed under 1200 cals

NO alcohol- check

10000 steps - check

Staying under 1200 cals today was hard but it is the price I have to pay for the extra treats I had the last few days.

But proud of myself for reaching my goals today.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party, but I've been Getting it done the last two days anyway!

Let's do this!
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So far, so good for days 1 & 2. Under my cals both days, and got in a pretty decent walk in today. Still working on getting in the water, but today was better than yesterday which was better than the day before.