Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays are my worst day of the week... For some reason I am up at 4am every Tuesday, and just starving all day! Pretty sure my Monday Fast day is the reason....

Still on budget for the day, but can't wait until I get to have dinner!

Aren't Tuesday's totally rough??
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Who's stoked to get up early tomorrow and crush their workout?? I know I am!! Let's go!
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bring it on!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I've been hemmin' and hawin' about whether I'm going to get up early on Wednesday to go to a Zumba class.

Alright, you talked me into it. I'm packing jingle scarf and Zumba shoes and I'm gonna' crush it!
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well...days 6 and 7 were not very good but 8 and 9 were great! Came in under calorie goal, drank my 100oz of water both days. Worked out today. Feeling fabulous!
  • Fatsotubs
    Fatsotubs Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    11,500 steps on Monday (most so far). Not so good Tuesday but did work instead. Will do more today.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Despite getting a bite from our dominant male seal on my thigh (luckily not a serious bite as I used a nice judo dodge move) in the afternoon, I got in an hour of fencing and 90 minutes of judo last night! It was really good to be back at fencing as I have been away since August (knee surgery and then seasonal break) and my coach commented on how much faster I am! Wednesday started with killer core fitness class and tonight it is BJJ again...
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    What an awesome group we have. You guys are all going to love the way you feel when this thing is done (And every day leading up to it!! :) )
  • Working2BBetter
    Options
    So, according to my scale since Jan 1st I have lost 6.34 lbs of fat and gained 1.54 Lbs of muscle! I'll take those results!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I've been hemmin' and hawin' about whether I'm going to get up early on Wednesday to go to a Zumba class.

Alright, you talked me into it. I'm packing jingle scarf and Zumba shoes and I'm gonna' crush it!

- CRUSHED -
    :smiley:
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    So, according to my scale since Jan 1st I have lost 6.34 lbs of fat and gained 1.54 Lbs of muscle! I'll take those results!

Whoa!!!!
  • Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    dim4mom, that's awesome--congrats!
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    KimF0715 wrote: »
    Well...days 6 and 7 were not very good but 8 and 9 were great! Came in under calorie goal, drank my 100oz of water both days. Worked out today. Feeling fabulous!
    Great job Kim. Proud of u. Keep it up dear
  • momallnight
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

Wtg. Bri!!! I love Zumba too. It's fun and u can go at ur own pace. GreAt job. Thanks for reminding me-- I'll do Zumba next.
  • momallnight
    Options
    Despite getting a bite from our dominant male seal on my thigh (luckily not a serious bite as I used a nice judo dodge move) in the afternoon, I got in an hour of fencing and 90 minutes of judo last night! It was really good to be back at fencing as I have been away since August (knee surgery and then seasonal break) and my coach commented on how much faster I am! Wednesday started with killer core fitness class and tonight it is BJJ again...
    I'm not gonna ask about the seal. Ha Wow knee surgery is no joke. It's great that u are back at ur fencing routine. Glad to hear about it.
  • momallnight
    Options
    Fatsotubs wrote: »
    11,500 steps on Monday (most so far). Not so good Tuesday but did work instead. Will do more today.
    Hey. It's all good. Some days r better than others. I feel the same way. As long as we don't quit we will win in the end. Yea!!
  • Working2BBetter
    Options
    Just got in an evening walk and took the whole family through my stretches. Done for today. :-)
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I'm not gonna ask about the seal. Ha Wow knee surgery is no joke. It's great that u are back at ur fencing routine. Glad to hear about it.

I work at a zoo, mostly with reptiles and seals!

Luckily my knee surgery was minor, just shaving off some damaged cartilage. I got back to my martial arts and fitness training first because of the timing of competitions and the fact that fencing takes a seasonal break whereas my MMA gym doesn't. I love our dojo because the floor is designed to bear impact and my knee really doesn't take any strain at all there. I'm going to have to go slowly as I restart fencing due to the impact, but I have time as my first big fencing competition is July! Got a bjj comp end of Feb so that is main focus right now.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Today started with a walk with a friend, Mom and my overly enthusiastic labrador! He gives me a good core workout on the walk. Another busy day with the animals (I'm so ready for a break as I work right through summer peak season, Southern Hemisphere!) and then some sword play with my buddies!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I nearly left MFP last night. I get so overwhelmed with everything, it drives me nuts. This week hasn't been so great, but I'm still ok net calorie wise, because I'm still more active than I was before the New Year. I need to get back on track tomorrow, mentally more than anything. I have this problem with self sabotage, I'm sure some of you can relate. I wasn't familiar with it till this past year or so. I keep fighting to overcome, but soon as I start feeling good, or hit a loss, I lose my head. So again, tomorrow is a new day! :smile: