Join me in a 3-week sprint to kick off 2016!

Options

Replies

• dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in early today. Pushed myself on the Elliptical - 1 level higher than my norm. Thank you Game of Thrones Challenge! Also did my leg weights and stretching... Went on to do my grocery shopping for the week, clean the house and do laundry. Also just gave my 2 sons, daughter and husband haircuts. Now exhausted.... I'll try get in a walk later, but right now I'm done.... Food log done for the day with 300 calories to spare. Still deciding what to 'spend' them on...

Wow! I admire your energy
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Can you believe we already made in through one week?!?! I'm so proud of everyone!

Here comes WEEK 2!! LETS OWN IT!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Hoping this week goes better. Got a pump for what doctor thinks is seasonal asthma. Hope I can push hard at training and still breathe. Last week I could choose between those options which made training frustrating. Busy work week as well as fencing season starting, but I finally get a break the next week so I have something to aim at!
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weekends kill me. 3 glasses of wine on Saturday. Sunday was 4 - slice and bake chocolate chip cookies (my weakness) AND a Krispy Kreme cream filled donut! I don't have them where I live, so a trip to CT tempted me! UUGGHH didn't weigh today because I didn't want to be depressed all day, so tomorrow I will. Motivated Monday as usual, my pattern to go nowhere fast.....
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Day 5 and 6 were not good at all. Weekends are impossible ....especially when you have the RARITY of babysitters and can go to a restaurant. Back on track today.

The GOOD NEWS is that I am down 4 pounds since my starting weigh in on 1/4!!!!!!
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @dlm4mom I try to plan those things too. Even if I don't stick to the plan I think it still keeps me aware of my choices. I am even developing plans for fast food places as I go along. For example: At one place i get a cheeseburger and split fries with my son. At another place I get the chili. It becomes my routine. We had a power out too and I was going to cook on the camp stove but i said why would I do that to myself- sandwiches for dinner! We'll get there!

@CaptainBoing my son has bad asthma flares. I can sympathize.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Pump works great. Pushed hard at bjj tonight and no issues at all, well, no chest issues! Various body parts to the face and being out of breathe from rolling hard or being choked are normal for a night of competition prep at bjj. Absolutely love this art and the people I get to meet through it.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    KimF0715 wrote: »
    Day 5 and 6 were not good at all. Weekends are impossible ....especially when you have the RARITY of babysitters and can go to a restaurant. Back on track today.

The GOOD NEWS is that I am down 4 pounds since my starting weigh in on 1/4!!!!!!

Congratulations! If you can have this kind of loss you are definitely doing something right.
  • Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Back on track after exceeding calorie goals for a few days--kept up exercise, so that helped. Working on a big forum on Thursday, so that will help. Being busy really helps!! It is also refreshing, and inspiring, to hear what people here are doing--even when you slip and get right back on track.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Monday 1/12

1. Ask for God's help each day to reach my goals :smile:
    2. . Log everything and stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    3. Exercise 1 hour, 5 days per week :smiley: did 1.75 hours today
    4. Started a 30 day Squat Challenge today :smiley:

Having a good day today. I had a rough weekend calorie wise but my average for the week is still good.
  • NCShar
    NCShar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me! I am in, late to the challenge but day 1 started today. My challenge to myself is 1. to log all my food for 21 days straight with no cheating. 2. Hit 10,000 steps most days ( 4 or 5 days) of the week.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    You guys are all doing great. Let's make every day count one minute at a time!! Trust me, it's all worth it! Just think of how you feel the next morning after a successful day.
  • Lea_Darling
    Lea_Darling Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread today, but count me in!!
  • janetlynn31
    janetlynn31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I enjoy reading everybody's posts!
  • Resolved2016
    Resolved2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bri170lb, what is your 30 day squat challenge?
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Good morning! Let's crush Tuesday!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    bri170lb, what is your 30 day squat challenge?

It's just a free app I downloaded on my phone. It's called 30 Day Squat Challenge by Vigour Apps. I just finished the Ab Challenge by the same company.

I chose this one because there are several skill levels and it starts in a place that's easy enough for me. There is an explanation of each different exercise.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays are my worst day of the week... For some reason I am up at 4am every Tuesday, and just starving all day! Pretty sure my Monday Fast day is the reason....

Still on budget for the day, but can't wait until I get to have dinner!
  • bri170lb
    Options

Tuesday 1 /12

1. Ask for God's help each day to reach my goals :smile:
    2. . Log everything and stick to calorie goals one meal at a time :smile:
    3. Exercise 1 hour, 5 days per week :smiley: did 1.75 hours again today
    4. Day 2 of Squat Challenge :smile:

I've really struggled to stay under my calorie goals the past few days, but I've done it! One day at a time?
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am still not back into post holiday routine. I was a little over on calories again but not too bad. A really good thing happened today. I went through my stack of too small clothes and three pairs of jeans fit now!!! I don't know how but they do. This is for sure a motivator.