Options

Replies

• tukrainets
    tukrainets Posts: 119
    Options
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So inspiring, thanks for this thread! I am in Week 7 but have not lost any weight yet according to the scale though I have been gaining muscle which is obvious and I think clothes are fitting better, it's hard too say when they're all elastic. LOL!
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    Im not seeing much of a result either, hence the thread :(
    I am glad I took a before photo, and then at the end of week 9 i will take another and see if there is actually any difference!!
    its so tempting to not leave a days break inbetween, cos i just wanna see some results!!
  • ScratchMj
    ScratchMj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    before
    P1000151.jpg

after (i now run 12 to 15 miles a week)
    P1000700.jpg

This might come off as odd, but you can tell running has really helped your butt!!!

it really has!!! my butt was saggy and squishy, lol. now it's lifted and firm!!!

Ok now I am convinced I am gonna start running!! :P Great results.

Haha....i have lost almost 11 pounds and it has pretty much all come off my butt and the excercise that I am doing the most is running on the treadmill... I am excited and a little scared! :) At least I am not losing the girls :D ...........and yes this has deff helped your butt!
  • mad8588
    mad8588 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd have to look into posting pics but did C25K from 3/14 through 5/21 and lost 25 pounds. Everything went well did have a knee injury so repeated week 3 but other than that it went pretty good and have continued to run 3-4 times a week. I'd encourage anyone to try it out. I did count calories during this time so it just wasn't C25K but it was a big contribution.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I want to try the C25K and when I use my Treadmill at home I can't run for very long, 1 of my boss's does the C25K
    and she runs marathon's lol. She said its better to run outside and start slowly. I can't figure out the breathing part
    when trying to run. Is it ok to start of jogging and will it really help to shed pounds while dieting?

I am doing cardio and dvd's and use my treadmill and have only lost a small amount and my inner thighs are trimming
    up rather nicely as well as my rear. I really want to lose my tummy though. Any tips would be great.

Which program would you recommend a beginner try first? I am going to try and jog a little bit tonight and see how long
    I can last.
    Thanks
  • ayoung789
    ayoung789 Posts: 2
    Options
    On week 2 of c25k, still kind of getting the hang of it. My main discovery has been that running is easier for me if I have loud, upbeat music to listen to. I inevitably end of thinking about and singing to my music rather than thinking about my breathing, which has always been one of my struggles. I can't wait until it starts to come a little more naturally though. This is just the beginning :)
  • bmideiros
    bmideiros Posts: 1
    Options
    I was never a runner until c25k. Make sure you actually register and run a 5k, let everyone know you are a " newbie" I have found everyone to be supportive and you will feel like a champ! No pictures but with counting calories, running three times a week and yoga twice a week I have lost 23 pounds and just finished a 10k! If you want to find a race and or read up on running check out active.com lots of info for all levels.
  • daisyamber
    daisyamber Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Vendetta2300
    Options
    Wow, this is just inspiring. All the photos, losses and everything!

I just started C25K this week and I couldnt really pull myself together to go running today. But as soon as I stop typing, I will put on my shoes and go do it. Thank you all for sharing!!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm doing this and am on Week 5 - did run 2 today. Am mildly horrified to discover that Run 3 is suddenly up to 20 minutes - from 8!!! Eeeeeeeeek!!!!

I've noticed a small weight loss (about 1/2 pound but that's fine) but my abs are starting to become more defined, so I'm hoping that it's the running that's starting to melt the flab away! :smile:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The only way that I know of to find my way back to this post is to reply. I will try to post pics once I'm home at my laptop. I've been doing nothing but the C2K program with just a little other "play" exercise (i.e. tennis or occassional hike) thrown in and I am down 63 pounds. Needless to say, I think very highly of the program!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    I decided to try jogging/walking last night since it was cooler outside andboy did it wipe me out lol. I just don't know
    if i can ever do this and how ppl manage to run along distance. I realize it takes alot of time to get use to doing it. I was only
    able to jog like 1-2 min at most and when running downhill I didn't have any probs, Only if I was running on level ground or uphill.

I have tried doing this on my treadmill and it seems easier outside.

Any tips?
  • corbansmom
    corbansmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Started running almost 2 weeks ago...6 days last week and 4 days so far this week. Saturday decided to pick up at week 5 of C25k. Doing each run 2 workout days in a row. Starting to really see a difference in my abs and back. Legs are getting more muscular. My mom asked me last Sunday if I was losing weight, but scale only showed one pound loss, so definitely reshaping my body.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I decided to try jogging/walking last night since it was cooler outside andboy did it wipe me out lol. I just don't know
    if i can ever do this and how ppl manage to run along distance. I realize it takes alot of time to get use to doing it. I was only
    able to jog like 1-2 min at most and when running downhill I didn't have any probs, Only if I was running on level ground or uphill.

I have tried doing this on my treadmill and it seems easier outside.

Any tips?

Are you just running as much as you can or are you following C25K? I would definitely recommend the program... you can get the details at www.c25k.com. I went from never liking running to having completed a 37-minute run this morning. I'm not fast, but I'm doing it!! The program will move you up gradually to build your endurance for both your body and your breathing.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    YES<

I haven't started the plan as of yet because I am deciding which I want to try, the Intermediate or Advanced
    since i exercise everyday. I will probably start it on monday or tuesday and i am just seeing if i can handle running
    outside. Its alot easier to run downhill for sure lol. This was my 2nd day in a row trying this. i will take a break tomorrow.

After 2 days of doing this my Inner Thighs now Hurt, Is that normal with walking/jogging? Curious
  • chinalavy
    Options
    Wow u r amazing !
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My activity of choice since taking control of my fitness on Jan 8, 2011 is Walk/Jog/Run! I haven't done anything else -- no P90, no Gym, no Pilates or Yoga.

Take a look at my signature for the progress.

ANY activity will help you out. Choose something that is "easy" for you, motivation wise. "Just" walking is great too. People tend to pooh-pooh it, but "just" walking has all the same benefits as running, including being easier on the joints. I recommend going to the Library and borrowing "Running and Fat Burning for Women" by Jeff Galloway with his wife Barbara Galloway and Nancy Clark R.D.

:happy:
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! Great and inspirational post!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I started C25K at 250 pounds. I am now 226.5. I know that changing my diet has helped a lot but I can also tell that my legs (especially my upper legs and thighs) are DEFINITELY changing and tightening up! And my husband reminds me ALL the time that my butt is getting firmer! It feels great!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!