Waist Training

Options
Thoughts anyone....

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eat in a deficit and add some exercise like lifting and some cardio. Waist training is silly.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Pointless.

We are not blobs of clay, waiting for waist trainers to mould us into whittle-waisted beings.
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've trained mine to juggle and occasionally function as a ventriloquist dummy using the belly button as a mouth.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.
  • rgranger46
    rgranger46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to strive for a healthy weight and shape and something completely different to seek to alter your natural shape into one more "desirable." It seems a little too Victorian-era/women as decoration to me. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but that's my gut reaction.
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I wrote a whole post about it in my blog on Wordpress actually lol, but if you want the short version...like people have previously said, don't do it unless you are trying to look good in a dress or jeans temporarily.

Exercise and healthy food choices is the way to go for a slim waist.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    Options
    Waist of time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BrelaD wrote: »
    Thoughts anyone....

For a special event/few hours in a particularly clingy dress wearing a "waist trainer"/corset/spanx/foundation garment isn't a bad idea. It helps smooth the silhouette and avoid visible panty lines.

Proper corset waist training, which happens over years and means wearing a metal boned corset for 20+ hours a day - ain't nobody got time for that. We are in 2016, not 1816.

Wearing a rubber corset/waist trainer while working out? Not my fetish, but to each their own. If you look up the human anatomy, you will see the abdominal muscles are built as an internal "corset" and if those are properly trained and maintained, you shouldn't require exterior support.

As for the Kardashians & other "celebrities" etc promoting waist trainers - it looks and probably doesn't feel bad for the 3mins they wear it/take a photo and then get paid $$$$$ to promote it on social media.

But 1,000 x more credit is due to their plastic surgeons who suck the fat off their tummies and inject it into their hips/butts/faces.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    An ineffective waste of money at best
    Dangerous to your internal organs at worst
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, ab wheels, hanging leg raises
  • BrelaD
    BrelaD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Okay all these are very helpful. And its not that I heard about it from like Kim k cause I don't follow that stuff but can someone guide me on how to lose inches off my waist.
  • BrelaD
    Options
    Because there seems to be no quick fix except exercises that I do but it takes really long. I see no results lol
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Because there seems to be no quick fix except exercises that I do but it takes really long. I see no results lol

If there were quick fixes we'd all look like rock stars!! Don't you think?
  • BrelaD
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Lol yeah I know right I wonder if I'm not doing something right. Because of my one year old I can't really join a gym
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    erm, nope
  • BrelaD
    Options
  • kalynbreann357
    kalynbreann357 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Helps with my posture and back pain a lot while shaping my body. No matter how much you work out your body won't be molded into the shape you want without one. There are a lot of misconceptions about the "dangers" of waist training, its not corset training and its not hurting your organs. If you want to do it don't let people on here talk you out of it.

But its not a substitute for exercise and healthy eating.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Helps with my posture and back pain a lot while shaping my body. No matter how much you work out your body won't be molded into the shape you want without one. There are a lot of misconceptions about the "dangers" of waist training, its not corset training and its not hurting your organs. If you want to do it don't let people on here talk you out of it.

But its not a substitute for exercise and healthy eating.

You can work out and change the shape of your body. Waist training is actually more dangerous than corset training due to how they are used and will not shape you permanently. You will damage organs, you will cause your muscles to become weaker and you will impair breathing as well as circulation. Resistance training/lifting weights reshapes the body, improves circulation, strengthens core muscles to permanently improve posture and doesn't damage organs.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Lol yeah I know right I wonder if I'm not doing something right. Because of my one year old I can't really join a gym

Are there any gyms with daycares? If not there are tons of online resources for body weight workouts.