How much exercising should I be doing..?

Options
Hi, I love to do aerobics but sometimes I go mad and do 3 aerobics video in one go which can last up to 2 hrs because I have loads of energy and feel I can push my self to do it..... I exercise 3-4 times a wk sometimes more..... could I be pushing myself to far..?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Those whom push themselves as you do, are known as winners.

Just my opinion.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I would say if you're not exhausted, and you're refueling for the output, you're safe.
  • denverdeb1
    denverdeb1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! You should exercise at least 5-6 times a week to lose weight. I exercise 6 days a week for an hour or so every day.
  • NoMoreThickyMickey
    NoMoreThickyMickey Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Just my opinion.

Ooh, I do love that... Yes, I have to agree, I think you are a winner.
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    I would say if you're not exhausted, and you're refueling for the output, you're safe.

I agree with this. If you don't feel like you're over doing it and you are being honest with yourself AND refueling - then all is good.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Wish I had that kind of energy every day. Ive done that kind of thing before, but it depends on what Ive eaten...
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

Just my opinion.

TOTALLY agree with this :laugh:

i try to do somehing everyday....including xmas day :drinker:
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is when you exercise you earn exacty calories..... Y is this..... This properly sounds stupid..lol
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would say that you're doing just fine. Unless you're injuring yourself or obsessively exercising to the point of blowing off other obligations, I don't see a problem with it. Just make sure you eat enough to fuel your body properly.
  • andreapoole
    andreapoole Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you feel good and aren't having any problems, it should be okay. Just make sure that you are fueling properly and watch for signs of overtraining...elevated resting heart rate, feeling sluggish and fatigued, achy joints. It's a good idea to vary intensity from day to day. Don't work out full-on every day, and take a rest day at least once a week. If you start to feel injured, back off. Congrats on all of the energy! Enjoy it while you have it, and then cut yourself a break if you need to!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is when you exercise you earn exacty calories..... Y is this..... This properly sounds stupid..lol

MFP already gives you a calorie deficit to lose weight with, so there's no need for you to create a larger one. Plus, all that exercise requires energy in the form of calories. You don't have to eat them all back, but you should be eating significantly more than your baseline calorie goal if you're working out for a couple hours a day.
  • VICKY_83
    Options
    Wish I had that kind of energy every day. Ive done that kind of thing before, but it depends on what Ive eaten...

I find when I exercise I have this energy burst alday after, so wen you can't be bovered do exercise then you get energy sounds werid but it works for me..
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Becareful if you do to much cardio then you can be losing some muscle. I would add strength training in there. That is a lot of cardio in one day.
  • VICKY_83
    Options

MFP already gives you a calorie deficit to lose weight with, so there's no need for you to create a larger one. Plus, all that exercise requires energy in the form of calories. You don't have to eat them all back, but you should be eating significantly more than your baseline calorie goal if you're working out for a couple hours a day.
    [/quote

Thxs for that.... I feel I knw what I doing now
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

Thxs for that.... I feel I knw what I doing now

Just make sure you eat back what you burn :)
  • VICKY_83
    Options
    Thxs everyone you have been a great help...... Good Luck to you all :smile:
  • VICKY_83
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn in body pump..?
  • MDinglasa
    MDinglasa Posts: 7
    Options
    90 minutes 5days/week - everyday is slightly different, mix of vigorous and moderate
    30 mins on Saturday - I usually spend the day doing something outdoors so I only spend 30 minutes at the gym
    strength training 2X days/week