Starting out exercises from home?

Options
Hi I'm seeing if there is anyone out there that's working out from home and not gym. .?
What's your exercises you started with?
Add me please :)

Replies

• ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just jog on the spot (since i cant afford a treadmill), do some squats, crunches, getting a dumbell soon
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    take a walk....
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a great selection of free videos and/or printouts for options on all sorts of exercise styles and experience levels. All depends on your fitness level now and what equipment you have.

I started with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and haven't looked back since :P
  • papple227
    papple227 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use a couple of workout DVDs and switch them out when I get bored. Other than that, I go for walks around the neighborhood. I am not much of a gym person and I'm restricted to only being able to work out during the kids nap time and after their bed time. Haha
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I do bodyweight training (You Are Your Own Gym, specifically), and Leslie Sansone Walk at Home or just walk/jog the neighborhood. Easy, cheap, and effective.

• KristiFuder2016
    KristiFuder2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I Would love to take a walk outside but it's below zero here in Minnesota lol. .
    I used the gym this summer but got to be just to expensive! I usually go for walks but can't really do that in the winter! I'm thinking about getting a work out DVD set but mitt sure which one helps with beginners!
  • level3tjg
    level3tjg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get P90X3 and do that. That's what I'm doing. It's only 30 minutes a day. About the only thing you need is a resistance band. They cost like 10-15 bucks. Most of the exercises you don't need anything but you and effort.
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Youtube has FANTASTIC exercises that you can do at home. You can use things like cans of veggies or soup as weights. You can get elastic resistence bands from the Dollar General or Five and below. Push ups, walking up and down the steps, DVD's, planking, running in place and walking in the neighborhood are all options that do not require a gym. my favorite youtube video is leslie sanborne. She shows you how to walk miles right in your living room
  • bonsai89
    bonsai89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds is amazing...... I don't know if it has a reputation or not but the only thing I know is that I bought it on Amazon for like 15 bucks or around there, that it has a one mile walk for 20 minutes and a 2 mile brisk walk that are both awesome depending on how much time you have. It's easy on your joints, repetitive without any crazy moves and you only need a small area for the moves she has you do, and it seriously makes me sweat. Even the 20 minute one. You just need some stretchy bands from Walmart and you're set. You'll burn tons of calories, fat, and tone up (not as much as you would from weight training obviously)...but if you're just beginning... it's perfect! Good Luck!!!!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I Would love to take a walk outside but it's below zero here in Minnesota lol. .
    I used the gym this summer but got to be just to expensive! I usually go for walks but can't really do that in the winter! I'm thinking about getting a work out DVD set but mitt sure which one helps with beginners!

If you're not sure what you'd like, definitely check out the Fitness Blender. There's something for everyone on there, no joke.
  • LizaMarie78
    LizaMarie78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym either. I just have different methods so I don't get bored. When I can't go out and walk because it's too cold I walk in place while watching TV. I got a video game called Just dance and love that one I sweat a lot trying to keep up with the choreography!! I also own a couple of DVD's from Jessica Smith for me she is amazing and she also got free YouTube videos. I hope you can find something you like good luck!!
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I second Fitness Blender!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    ksmi141 wrote: »
    I second Fitness Blender!

Third fitnessblender
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm reading this while sitting on a 2in1 cross trainer/bike at home. At the moment since it's still the sales, there are loads that are super cheap (we got this one for £50 no joke). Has been an amazing motivator to do stuff whatever time of day and currently don't have to go to the gym.

Other stuff, without the bike, jogging, aerobics, squats, and the exercises above in this thread about "you are your own gym" are incredibly great too.

Most importNtly, you need to find things to do at home you don't hate. For example, we have skipping ropes and skipping is incredible for fitness but I f-ing hate it! So I instead focus on other exercises you enjoy as well. Exercise should be fun! Not just a means to an end.

Ooh, also if you have a partner or aomeone you live with, I'd recommend boxing pads and gloves :) and weights.

However, again, if you're strapped for cash the exercises recommend above or an exercise dvd are great starters.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Fitnessblender.com fan!
    Plus, it's free.
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There are heaps of You Tube videos for workouts, from yoga, toning to cardio. Just search around. I joined a gym because it has a pool which I need for my back and knees, but a simple hired exercise bike doesn't cost a lot. Or even walking can help lose weight. Exercise is only 30% of the equation, 70% is diet. Exercise just makes it easier and quicker.
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I second the nerd fitness bodyweight workout mentioned above. With the children home for summer holidays it makes the gym difficult so bodyweight exercises have been a good way of maintaining form.
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Check out www.hundredpushups.com . It is a programme to take anyone from zero push ups to 100 in 6 weeks. Also from that site are links to sister programmes of 200 sit ups, 200 squats and others, all aimed at getting you to the target in 6 weeks. 6 years ago I did the previous 6 programmes at the same time :) You can imagine what the last day was like :):)
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Another one on the Fitness Blender Wagon here - I lost my first 30 lbs with FB workouts :)