Encouragr Me

Options
I am consuming 1200calories a day. I am at around 10lbs loss in approximately 20 days though it fluctuatesbdaily obviously. I need to lose about 10 more to no longer be considered overweight however I hope to lose 15 more at least. I am consistent with my calories and micro nutrientsnas well as abdominal crunches and things tonsculpt my booty. I SUCK at getting in true cardio however. I have cut my calories in at least half by eliminating mountain dew alone. Will my calories being cut getb me to my goal even with little cardio: (

Replies

• schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If your goal is losing weight, you don't have to do "true" cardio to increase your calorie burn. You can walk outside, or even better, on an inclined treadmill.
  • courtneycasey1
    courtneycasey1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think it'll be much easier when the kids go back after break tomorrow! Even just a 30 minute walk is better than nothing right?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Eating fewer calories than you burn is all it takes to lose weight.
    In fact, as fast as you're losing, you could probably raise your calorie goal and be totally fine.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Will my calories being cut getb me to my goal even with little cardio: (

Yep! You don't need to work out to lose weight, so not doing cardio won't hurt anything. However, if you feel hungry and don't want to lose more slowly (which it sounds like you might want to look into, maybe 1lb/wk now that you're close?) getting 10,000 steps in adds an easy 300 calories a day for me. So it's not necessary for weight loss, but it's certainly helpful.
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I think it'll be much easier when the kids go back after break tomorrow! Even just a 30 minute walk is better than nothing right?

Yes, absolutely! In 30 minutes of walking, depending on body weight, you can burn 100-150 calories.
  • courtneycasey1
    Options
    Bless you all!!! I will try to get my homeschoolers out for as walk while bthe others are in school. I know its an excuse but five kids and my husband works late and I recently started to homeschooling my potential dyslexic. Working sooooooo many schedules:(
  • courtneycasey1
    Options

Yes, absolutely! In 30 minutes of walking, depending on body weight, you can burn 100-150 calories.

My body weight is roughly 150 I'm 5'3.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Bless you all!!! I will try to get my homeschoolers out for as walk while bthe others are in school. I know its an excuse but five kids and my husband works late and I recently started to homeschooling my potential dyslexic. Working sooooooo many schedules:(

If you have a smart phone, try turning on the pedometer one day if it has one. With five kids, I bet you're already walking a ton, and if it's more than you've already estimated you've got extra burn there already!
  • courtneycasey1
    Options
    xLyric wrote: »

If you have a smart phone, try turning on the pedometer one day if it has one. With five kids, I bet you're already walking a ton, and if it's more than you've already estimated you've got extra burn there already!

No phone unfortunately: ( I will try to be more diligent on my activity!
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Walk as much as you can, but 30 minutes a day, every day will really help you reach your goal. Can you increase the time, or go for a couple of walks?
  • courtneycasey1
    Options
    Walk as much as you can, but 30 minutes a day, every day will really help you reach your goal. Can you increase the time, or go for a couple of walks?

It should be doable with the kids back to school. If it wasn't so cold I'd just take them with me. We plan on hiking as a family so maybe we will bundle up and go for it!