Lose 30lbs by July

Options
All--I am getting married this coming July and would love to drop 30 lbs. Is that too aggressive? Any tips?

Replies

• gpkessler
    gpkessler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I should probably add I am 5'7" and weigh 160.
  • gpkessler
    gpkessler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I am not great at logging things. I figure I will aim for 30 but will be ecstatic if I can lose even 20
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The more consistent you can be with diet and tracking it, the better the results you will attain.

At approximately 24 weeks to the 1st of July, you are looking at a range of 12-48lbs being possible. As 48lbs would be a constant 2lbs loss per week, every week, from the coming Monday onward that is a pretty unlikely result. As such I agree with tato that 1lbs/wk for a total loss of 25lbs by July seems both doable and realistic.

If you are new to logging, or find it arduous to be so meticulous about weighing and measuring everything, start with a food diary and do it casually, but consistently. Logging is necessary to have an accurate understanding of what and how you eat. And while having everything tracked down to the gram is perfect, just writing down what was eaten is a great place to start.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    It is possible. But considering you're already at a pretty healthy weight for your height, you'll find that losing will be hard unless your logging is super accurate and consistent.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    This is possible - but it's going to take a lot of effort :)

I'm 5ft 2 and I started out at 157 lbs. I lost around 20 lbs in 3 months - but it wasn't the easiest of journeys. I'd ease up slightly on the number goal just for your own sanity's sake and concentrate on eating at a sensible deficit. You'll be a lot leaner and a lot healthier by July regardless of whether it's dead on 30lbs or not. Good luck.